Monday, September 29, 2014

Sisters Van Gogh

My sister and I had what I have dubbed a SNO (Sisters Night Out). We went to a little place called The Grape Van Gogh. You pay a fee and you they supply you with the canvas, brushes, paint and a mason jar of water, not for drinking. However I was really tempted to ask them for some ice just to see what they would say, but decided against it since I was going to be with them for next couple of hours.
They had a finished painting on display and the instructor painted a second one a long with us. I have to say mine turned out a lot better than I thought it would having never painted before.
 Karen and I's finished paintings.  My "rain" didn't quite turn out like I wanted and my umbrella wasn't as red as I would have like and Karen's ladies legs are way sexier than mine. I finally just gave up and turned my ladies legs into boots.
 We each took a picture of each other to prove to our doubting spouses that we really painted this and just didn't go shopping.
 

The following pictures were taken by the people at The Grape Van Gogh

I LOVE this picture. It makes me laugh everytime I see it because it looks like Karen is 
copying my painting/cheating and I get to tease her about it. 

It was fun to see all the variations at the end even though we were painting the same thing. People added red and yellow boots, different dress lengths, different hair styles, painted their umbrellas yellow, purple and pink and even exchanged the man for a little boy. 
(From The Grape Van Gogh's Facebook page)







9-12-14


No comments: