Saturday, September 6, 2014

A day (completely) off!

Today (July 23rd) was an awesome day. I had NO COMMITMENTS! No softball or t ball game to go to, no scout den or pack meetings, no work, no visiting teaching to do, no errands to run, no other church assignments, no classroom to go help in, I wasn't babysitting anyone's kids, my house was in pretty good shape, I didn't have any emergent errands to run, I literally had NOTHING to do except what I wanted to. Out of curiosity I looked at my calendar and the last time I had a "do nothing day" was June 13th and before that was March 28th! It was a much needed break.(I am really working hard at saying "No" so I have more of these days).

I asked the kiddo's what we should do and they just wanted to fill up the pool and hang out at home which was perfectly fine with me so that's what we did. We had some neighbor kids join us and had a fun, relaxing, humorous day : )

Princess Dress-check
Cheese Balls-check
Shade-check
Keyara brought over her sno-cone machine and made sno-cones for everyone
Chloe was her helper
Payton and Garrett
Everyone had fun watching these two goofballs play on a toddler toy
When the boys would get to hot, I would spray them down
Gavin was showing me some of his ninja moves. The boys decided they wanted me to take some pictures of them in action, this is what transpired:
Garrett
Garrett
Gavin
Gavin
Payton, Garrett and Gavin
Garrett the Goofball
Chloe and Garrett
Chloe
Drying off
Mason's turn





I was still in lazy mode and didn't feel like cooking dinner so we decided to try out a pizza place a friend had told us about. It's called Stop Light Pizza in Ririe.
Look at that thing! Almost 3 feet in diameter and weighing in at almost 20 lbs!
 We didn't tell the kids about it, we just waited and watched their faces as they brought it out!

July 23, 2014

No comments: