Friday, September 12, 2014

MMSC

Madison Memorial Surgery Center
I have spent the last 5 working years here. Laughing, crying, making friends, meeting new people, but I was offered a job at Mountain View and I couldn't turn it down.
My commute goes from 66 miles and 120 minutes round trip to 5 miles and 10 minutes round trip.
I will have a set shift so I will know when I'm getting off work instead of when I "might" be home, the benefits are way better and I got a pretty good raise, how could I say no?

When I got the offer I was SO EXCITED!! It all just felt so right, but then I thought about Raini and immediately started crying. I just sent my other bestie to Wyoming to live and now I wasn't going to be working with this one either. I gave my two weeks notice and it was a very emotion two weeks, but I made sure I went out with a bang.

I posted this on Facebook and Instagram so sorry if you already seen this:
 This girl!!! I can't even begin to tell you how much I ABSOLUTELY LOVE her! She has been my sidekick at work for the last 5 years. We have laughed together, cried together and most importantly had so much fun together (yes we did work and we worked hard!). She has been with me through 2 adoptions, potty training (my 3 kids not me), various crazy church callings, my single mom days when my hubby worked out of STATE for 18 months and put up with all of my crazy shenanigans and mood swings. We took this picture this morning not realizing (until later and then we hugged and cried) that it was our last day working together. My days are numbered and I am going to miss my MMSC FAMILY terribly!!

 Ron has worked with us all summer and we really hadn't done anything to him yet so we took advantage of the extra lids that we had that didn't fit any of our cups. Monica got his keys for us and we had a blast. Britney and Emily helped.
 We put the lids everywhere! Every pocket, cubby, under the floor mats, etc. We tied the wrappers around his steering wheel. 
 Britney and I put straws in every single little square in his vents
  We even got his antenna, trunk, backseat etc.
 He laughed and took pictures when he saw it.
(We were hiding in the bushes)
 It's really happening...

On my last day there were lots of tears and hugs, even from the Dr.'s. It will be weird not to see them on a regular basis. They had one of the Chef's from the hospital and cook everyone made to order omelets. Sooo nice!
I had a feeling they might try something so I kept my van keys in my pocket all day and I'm so glad I did. This is what they did:







Before I left, I hid a few surprises around the surgery center.
I got this in a text from Paul the next morning,
"Very funny :-) Made my day!!"


No comments: