Sunday, September 28, 2014

Life of Fry

For the past few weeks on the way to take Mason to preschool there have been caterpillars all over one section of road and not just any caterpillars, the big fluffy kind. One day after picking him up I decided to get one for the kids to see. I pulled over, but had to wait a minute for a car to get by. When I got out a big magpie landed right by the caterpillar, my caterpillar, and I said "Shoo! Get out of here" (as if it could really hear me and understand what I was saying) while waving my arms. That stinking bird snatched up my caterpillar in it's beak and flew off! So I jumped back in the van and drove a bit farther down the road until I could find the next one. 
I let the kids play with it for awhile with every intention of letting it go, but then thought about Gavin and how much he would love to see it and play with it so I took it with us. There was only one teensy weensy problem...I didn't have anything to put it in...except my hand. So I held it in my hand from Rigby to Idaho Falls all the while it was wiggling around and it would occasionally find it's way out and I would catch it out of the corner of my eye or feel it crawling up my sleeve. I sure hope my kids understand how much I love them and notice all the things I do for them.
 
 We put it in Gavin's bug cage that night with plans on taking it back the next day, but when we woke up the next morning it was in a cocoon, so I guess he liked us enough to stay for awhile.
 Chloe wanted to "do a project" so we painted apple trees. We used Chloe's hand prints to make the trunk and the leaves.
 Gavin
 Gavin had Ella come over to play so she joined in as well.
 We saved Wolverine from clear up in the tree all on the same day
 Chloe and her cousin Evan at the park
 Gavin planted sunflowers in our backyard. they are so tall and gorgeous. Now if we can just keep the squirrels away from them.
 I was making breakfast and got two double yolkers. We have awesome chickens.
 The Littles and I went and picked raspberries one morning between dropping Gavin off to school and taking Mason to preschool. I left the bucket sitting on the table, but luckily had this random lunch bag in my van.
 I started my new job at Mountain View hospital and I LOVE it! Everyone there is so nice and helpful, the commute is just minutes, it's so organized and the charting is so much better than my old job. I would spend an hour or two at the end of my shift charting at my old job, but only about 10 minutes here. I work 10 or 12 hours shifts so I only have to work 2ish days a week to keep my part-time status. The only thing I don't like about it is I left all my old friends/co workers behind.
 We were over at my brother's house visiting and my nieces left me a surprise in my van. Needless to say I screamed and they laughed. (They are taking after their crazy aunt Teri)
 I came home to this one day. Cody was sending them out the door as I pulled up. Daddy takes the whole "watching" the kids very lightly. They were covered in marker. Even their legs and belly's had marker all over them.
 All the marker turned the water green. 

The next day I came home and Mason and Chloe were topless. When I asked why I had found out that they had gotten into the remaining markers that Cody hadn't found the day before and colored all over themselves AGAIN!! He had taken their shirts off to clean them up. We had an (almost) topless dinner than night. Gavin took his shirt off because he said he was hot and Cody did it because "everyone else is doing it" so I was the only one with my shirt on during dinner.



 Gavin made himself a "new bed" under the bunk beds and he slept there for a few nights.
 Family dog pile!
Daddy's on the bottom trying to take the picture all the while getting smashed.

 There was an outdoor movie night at Gavin's school. They sold pizza, nacho's, popcorn, candy, and creamies as well as raffle tickets for baskets of goodies that were donated by students and businesses in the area. I bought $5 in raffle tickets (10 tickets). All the baskets were named after what was in them. One of them was the "Domino" basket because it was full of games (like domino's) candy, pop, microwave popcorn and a movie.  Cody said, "that sounds like a stupid one". I just got done telling him I put one of our tickets in there and they called my name!! I was so excited. I ran up to the front like they had just called my name of the Price is Right! It was pretty heavy because it was so full and I technically only paid $5 for it. : )
Later after the movie started Cody asked me for some candy out of the basket and I said, "You mean from my stupid basket?" I love when I can tease him.
This was just after the movie was over. I told everyone to smile and this is what I got. Gavin showing us food in his mouth, Cody doing his "mean face", Chloe moved her head out of the picture and Mason didn't want to get up off the blanket. I can't win with these guys!
Gavin wanted to go to Chick-fil-a for an ice cream cone and to play on their toys for his date night. The deal is he has to talk to me (or his daddy) while eating his ice cream before he can go play so we get some good one on one time with him. I just love watching him eat his ice cream cones. We have some pretty good conversations in between the licks : )

September Happenings:

<> Mason was the "Captain of the Alphabet Team" so he brought home the alphabet basket first. We had to fill it with things that started with the letter "A". We put in a toy AIRPLNE, APPLE juice, ANIMAL crackers, the movie ANNIE, we traced and cut out Mason's ARM and an ARROW, and drew a picture of an ANT. For the treats we put in ALMOND joys, AIRHEADS, and then baggies of swedish fish that we labeled ANCHOVIES. 

<> The neighbors two little yorkies got into our chicken coop and we thought for sure Goldilocks was a goner, but she pulled through and after laying a shell less egg the next day is back to her old self. 

<>Gavin climbed under the van after church one day to "hide from us". His "white" shirt is now smeared with black. I can not get it clean. I have tried almost everything I can think of/google and it's not coming out. Silly boys

<> I was playing in the toyroom with the kids. Chloe "stabbed" me with the ninja turtle sword and told me to close my eyes and stick out my tongue like I was dead. Then she got on her phone and said, "Hospital man my mom is dead come help her!" Hospital Man?!? Not sure where that came from but Cody and I were laughing at that. You can also definitely tell she has brothers. 

<> Gavin has been riding his scooter on the half pipe at Leisa's (his after school sitter) and he knows how to "drop in" from the top now. He was pretty excited to show me when I picked him up.

<> The day of school pictures I accidently set my alarm for PM instead of AM so I woke up at 8:11, school starts at 8:25. Gavin dressed himself and did his own hair while I hurried and made him breakfast. He went to school, tardy, with crazy hair wearing a camo shirt, but at least he got his teeth brushed! I can't wait to see what his pictures look like. 

<> We found out that my brother Paul and SIL Erin are expecting another baby this spring. I had watched their other three the day before and Tayvri, their youngest, had a shirt on that said, "I'm the BEST BIG sister" and I didn't even notice it! I remember thinking how cute that color was on her, but didn't read it. Later that day we were at my mom's and Paul had said Erin was napping and I knew something was up so I went and asked her if she was pregnant and she just smirked at me and I knew it! Then Paul held Tayvri up so I could read her shirt, duh!! Everyone was at my mom's too and no one else had read it either so I'm not the only dense one. 

<> The boys had their primary program. This was Mason's first one. Both of the boys had their lines memorized, but Mason was too shy to say his by himself so they helped him. 
Gavin: I will be reverent at during church to show Jesus Christ that I love Him.
Mason: I am a child of God and can be like Him some day.


No comments: