Saturday, September 6, 2014

Dirt Bike

When I woke up this morning the last thought on my mind was my 7 year old owning a dirt bike. When I went to bed tonight the last thought on my mind was "My 7 year old owns a dirt bike!!"

Cody and I were sitting on the front lawn watching the kids ride their bikes. I mentioned earlier that our friend Jessica knew of a little dirt bike that was for sale so Cody was on Craigslist looking at them. The next thing I know Cody is on the phone with his friend Zach and my brother Kenny (who is a motorcycle mechanic) getting their opinions on a different dirt bike he had found. Fast forward 1 1/2 hours - We are sitting in a driveway in Preston, ID. 
We didn't tell the kids where or why we were going. Cody only told them it was a surprise. After Cody looked at it and decided he did want to for sure get it I went to get Gavin out of the van where he was still sitting. Cody came around the corner with the dirt bike. Gavin's eye's got REALLY big and he said, "is that for me?" He jumped out of the van and straight into my arms and was soooooo excited!! The most excited I have ever seen him in his entire life! He had to take it for a little test drive right away. I only let him go to the next house because he didn't have his helmet.
My super excited boy!!
We drove to Logan to eat. Gavin celebrated with french fries, corn and ice cream
First thing the next morning he was out riding it and showing it to Garrett
The happiest kid in the world
(who is the son of a worried momma)
Chloe and Keyara

August 8, 2014

No comments: