Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Rigby Lake

My Seesters!!
And here's another one because we are just so cute ; )

Gavin headed to the slide first thing
While he was out there another kid kicked our turtle off the dock so Gavin started swimming after it. I tried yelling for him to just let it go, but he didn't hear me. I jumped on our chair floatie and went after him. He finally heard me, but by then he was out in the middle of the lake. I was terrified. He had his life jacket on, but all these thoughts of it malfunctioning or coming off etc. were running through my mind as I paddled as fast as I could out to him. 
He was upset when I got to him. He still had his flip flops on and was frustrated because they were slowing him down so he couldn't catch the turtle and I'm pretty sure he was tired by then because he had just swam a long way. 
I got his shoes off him, put them on my feet and had him hang on to the chair and I paddled us to the island. I nicely told him to just let the turtle go next time because he was more important than a floatie. He was just worried that it would get lost or stolen and he knew how much I liked it. So sweet, but floaties are replaceable and my babies aren't. 
In the meantime Chet my bro in law swam from the island to rescue our turtle for us. He said it reminded him that he's not a kid anymore because it really wore him out!
Chase adores Mason and I love watching these two together.
Uncle Paul playing in the sand with the kids

How about some seafood! Life as a mom of boys is always interesting and sometimes gross

Megan, Chloe and Bailee
Megan, Madi and Gavin
Megan, Chloe, Mason, Chase and Karen my very white legged sister, but I still love her and claim her ; )

July 11, 2015

1 comment:

The Cawley's said...

Seriously my legs are SO white! I'm concerned I have that disease Michael Jackson had but it only affects my legs!