Saturday, November 28, 2015

Moving Day

Our last picture in front of our house
We had SO many friends, family and ward members show up to help us move. I was overwhelmed with gratitude. People started showing up at 9 am and by noon the house was empty, the storage units were full and I was unpacking the apartment. It was the easiest move we have ever made and there are so many people to thank.
This was the last night in the house. We took the bunk beds apart so the kids were able to camp on the floor. 

So here are a few weird and quirky things about the house.
First of all, the "Man in the Shower". Shortly after we remodeled the bathroom, I had gotten out of the shower and told Cody there was a man in our shower. He took me literally and headed for the bathroom with a weapon of some sort ( I can't remember it's been so long ago) in hand. I had to quickly explain he was in the tile. He couldn't see it at first, but I showed him and then he understood. Can you see him? It looks like a profile picture of one of the presidents from back in the day. If not see below:
Now can you see the "Man in my Shower"?
This is the cedar wall that Cody built. When we moved in there was part of a brick fireplace hearth that was still there from when they tore out the chimney to add on the garage. Cody and Gavin (less than 2 years old) tore it the rest of the way out and then he built this wall over it and did all the trim work in the rest of the family room as well.
This was our biggest joke, the miniature hallway that led to Chloe's bedroom. We had to warn tall people to watch their heads anytime they went down it. I don't know what the previous owner's were thinking or even if they were thinking when they did this. This is one thing that we will not miss!

10.10.2015

No comments: