Saturday, November 28, 2015

Chloe Dance 11/11

Chloe has been wanting to take dance for about a year now and we found one that is at night instead of the middle of the day so I quickly signed her up. She was SOOO excited! It's on Wednesday nights and everyday multiple times a day she would ask me if it was Wednesday yet and when Wednesday finally did come she kept asking if it was time to go yet. 

When it started the teachers all did some type of dance move across the floor. When they asked the students to do it Chloe was the first one to volunteer. She took off running like the wind and did a cartwheel/front hand spring and landed right on her butt. I thought for sure she was going to start crying, but she stood right back up and finished running to her teachers. 
She has been worried about not being able to do a cartwheel for days and we kept telling her it was dance, not gymnastics, and they would teach her how if she needed to know. I guess she needed to show them what she could do. Silly girl. 
She also had her shoes off less than partway through class and of course had to go potty. I swear she has the worlds smallest bladder. One of her teachers took her and carried her back because "her legs were too tired". 
They were taught how to stand still in formation and almost all of the girls were standing perfectly still, but not my little wiggly, giggly Chloe. I don't think she has ever been awake and holding still at the same time in her entire life. 
They were running around for a minute to get some other wiggles out and Chloe ran a little too far out into the hall and fell right in front of a super grouchy janitor and his big vacuum. I thought for a second he was going to suck her up and I think she thought the same thing. She quickly jumped up and ran almost crying to me, but after a hug and a kiss went right back with the girls.  

Here she is after her first day of dance:
Chloe

11.11.2015

No comments: