Sunday, November 29, 2015

Christmas Tree Hunting

After pheasant hunting we loaded up the kids, sled, chainsaw, snacks and drinks then headed for the mountains. It is always so nice to get out of town and into the fresh, crisp mountain air.
We scouted out some areas for trees this summer when we were camping and knew exactly where we needed to go. There were trees for days and we had lots to choose from.
Most people pull kids in their sleds, we haul chainsaws.
Mason was sad because we wouldn't cut down the huge tree that he wanted. He didn't care that it wouldn't fit in the apartment or even the truck for that matter.
Taking a break. The snow was up to the kids knees in parts and we were going uphill so their little legs were pooped.
Gavin is really into making snow angels this year. He even made a snow devil, but Mason accidentally walked through it.
Killing time while daddy drives up the road to turn around
The fresh air was really getting to us!

On the way home we stopped at Kelly Canyon Ski Resort and went sledding down the hill. I hiked up with the kids the first run, but once we were up there the boys chickened out and didn't want to ride the sled back down so I put Chloe on with me and off we went. I'm pretty sure it was the fasted downhill sled ride I have ever been on. Chloe was hanging on for dear life. Cody ran over and stood in front of his truck by the road and ended up having to stop us because we were going so fast and went so far. It was SO MUCH FUN!!! If I would've had the energy to hike up the hill again in all my winter gear I totally would have done it again.
Gavin decided to give it a try, but he only went part way up the hill because he saw how fast Chloe and I were going.
Here comes Gavin
He made himself wreck because he didn't like how fast he was going. I guess it's better to have a cautious kid than a complete dare devil right?
I always thought the groomer made the snow look like a big Hostess Zinger.
It didn't take long for him to get over the tree
Daddy is pulling faces at her and she's entranced
Now she's doing it back

P.S. We really did get a tree, I just didn't get a picture of it yet. 

11.27.2015

No comments: