Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Snow!!

We have so many drifts in our yard because we only have a field behind us. The kids love it because they get to dig tunnels through them and caves in them.

The snow is so deep even where there are not any drifts.


Gavin ran and jumped into the snow on his back and then he couldn't get out.
I did help him....after taking a picture ; )
The snow buried our swings
We were hauling boxes from Christmas out the the fire pit to burn them. I was the last one to come out with a load and I found the boys pretending they were in a hot tub.
Landon saved the day and plowed our driveway out! It's too big for a shovel and takes forever with our snow blower. Thank goodness for good neighbors.
More sledding! We spent most of the day outside playing in the snow and occasionally went inside to warm up. 

Today was a day that I wish we had more often. We got up when we wanted, had nowhere to be and could just enjoy each other all day long. The kids would ask me to do something as I could tell them "yes" because I wasn't one schedule.We played in the snow drifts, I gave Mason as Chloe their first mini sewing lessons, we watched a movie in the middle of the day, we had a tea party, I pulled the kids on a sled, and we were just together. I loved it!
Mason sewed a little pocket and Chloe got a little more creative and sewed a simple purse that she added a heart too and then put a pocket on the heart and even added a handle. 
 When I took the kids for a sled ride Gavin kept trying to fall out/tip over on purpose. Mason loved it for a little bit until he started getting cold. I ended up dropping the little kids and Jaycee off at the house and taking Gavin and Cocoa on one more rode around the neighborhood.

12.26.16

No comments: