Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Cancun Day 4 - Jungle Tour & Snorkeling

Today was everything from puking to pampering! 
We had breakfast, mine included bacon and kiwi, that will be important later, and then caught the bus to Aquaworld.  We got on a boat called the Aqua Twister. It had two 450 horsepower engines and a crazy captain!  Once we were out in the water we would be speeding along and then all of a sudden the boat was spinning and we almost did a complete 360, multiple times. I completely forgot to take my Dramamine and near the end of the ride I ended up puking over the side of the boat. Luckily the crazy driving and spinning washed the evidence off the side of the boat. Once we were back on solid ground I was doing ok and even able to pose for a few photos, then it was straight to the toilet for me.



 I didn't tell anyone I threw up on the boat, but they could hear me in the bathroom. Raini came in and asked it she could help hold my hair, rub my back, anything. I told her I was fine as I (stop reading if you are easily grossed out) continued to puke up bacon and kiwi seeds. See I told you it would come back up, literally! I stared at this sign between puking. When there was nothing left I cleaned up and Cody bought me a Coke.
I drank the Coke while we waited for our Jungle Tour to start and by the time we were leaving for that I was feeling 90% better.  

JUNGLE TOUR/SNORKELING IN THE GULF
We jumped on jet ski's/wave runners and rode through the jungle and into the Gulf of Mexico so we could go snorkeling. (Cody swore it off after our last excursion in Hawaii, but I promised him there wouldn't be any eels here. We even double checked with Fernando our tour guide).
The water was so beautiful. My phone camera couldn't quite capture it in it's waterproof case.



Some of the shoreline along the way
In the Gulf!
Have I mentioned what a blast this was?!?!?

Scott and Raini


Underwater! I was so surprised/startled when I first got in. As soon as I stuck my head underwater I could see all kinds of fish all around me! It really took me off guard. I was thinking that I would have to get closer to the reef before I could see any of them, but boy was I wrong!
Raini!
More of the gorgeous jungle on the way back
Cody let me drive there and back. I'm such a lucky girl. 

On our way out we stopped at the photo booth to see our pictures from the Aqua Twister. We were flipping through laughing at our expressions and the boat was spinning/speeding when all of a sudden there it was, a picture of me with my hand over my mouth trying not to puke, then the next one was me starting to lean over the side of the boat. Luckily that was the last one of me, but I was totally busted!! They knew what had happened and gave me a hard time for not telling them. Cody told me if there would have been the next shot of me puking he would have paid the $15/photo and bought it. Isn't he just the sweetest husband? (insert sarcasm here)


When we got back we ALL, yes even the men, had manicures and pedicures at the spa. Cody, Scott and I have never had either. I was surpised at how good it felt and my feet and hands looked so good when we were done. Cody's hands looked they best I have ever seen and even he couldn't deny it. I told him we needed to have it done more often and he agreed with me as long as I promised not to tell anyone. 
Raini is frowning because the lady told her "no manicure next time, pedicure only" because her feet were so bad. I hadn't noticed so they couldn't have been that bad right? Who knows.
Cody may be acting like he is only pretending to smile but he was secretly loving all of it.

Super cute toes!!

TENSION IS WHO YOU THINK YOU SHOULD BE. RELAXATION IS WHO YOU ARE --ELEANOR ROOSEVELT (on the wall of the spa)


 We went to Bocelli's (Mediterranean food) for dinner. It was really good but way to Fancy Nancy for me. They had all the courses, the millions of utensils, glasses, plates, etc. One set of everything is good for me!

Cody ended up getting sunburned on his arms and his lower back where his life jacket didn't cover during the jungle tour. I sun screened everywhere that was showing, but not under his t shirt that he ended up taking off for that part. I went down to the gift shop and bought him some Aloe Vera (we forgot ours at home) and realized once I was back in the room that it was $22!! I could've walked down the street and paid $2 for it had I known. I guess I should've asked first, but the other things that did have price tags on them were reasonably priced. Highway robbery I tell ya!

We went back to the Stadium Bar even though it's not a regular bar. There were kids in there with everyone. We all ordered virgin drinks again. We've had the same waitress and she knows now that none of us drink alcohol so she doesn't even have to ask anymore. We tried the Lime Sprite here, but it's still not as good as the one we had on Isla Mujeres.

12.5.16



No comments: