Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Cancun Day 7 - Lots of R&R

Today was all about rest and relaxation. We slept in and ordered room service for breakfast. I absolutely LOVED it being all inclusive because we could do whatever we wanted, whenever we wanted and order/eat whatever we wanted and it was all included so there was no guilt with ordering room service because it didn't cost extra!!
 Cody took the flower from our room service tray and stuck it in the sink while I was in the shower so that I could enjoy it while I got ready for the day. 

Next up was an 80 min (yes, 80 MINTUTE) couples massage. It was soooo relaxing. I could've stayed there all day and been content. It was warm, the music was calm, their voices were soothing, and it was perfect...until Cody fell asleep towards the end and started snoring LOL!! So it was mostly perfect ; )
 After our massage they took us to this zenful room where we had cookies/crackers, not sure what they were, and lemon honey water. It gave us time to get our heads back into the real world so it wasn't such a rude awakening. 
 Ready for the Beach!!
 
 Ahhhh! This is the life. We were soaking up every single bit of it because tomorrow we will have to be adults again and deal with snow...

I just had to take this! I swear this guy is ALWAYS on his phone.
They took such good care of us. They brought us food and drinks all day long, moved our umbrellas and replanted them to keep the sun off of us, and pretty much catered to our every need. We left them a really good tip when we left, they deserved it!

We also did some more of this. Playing like a bunch of kids in the ocean!!




I got hit with a really big wave and it knocked the goggles right off of my head. I was scrambling to find them because they were by BIL's. Luckily they float!!

We talked about going parasailing (in background), but decided we would enjoy relaxing on the beach a lot better.
That's Raini in the middle of that big splash




That's me in the middle of it all. 
My B-I-L Chet sent me with his waterproof phone case and I am so glad. We used it so much and were able to take pictures of things we wouldn't have been able to otherwise. Highly recommended, everyone who is going on vacation to anywhere with water should get one!

They were looking at me to get a picture and didn't even see this one coming!




Hunting shells for the kids
Raini
What a fun, relaxing, carefree day!

One of our many attempts to get this right!!
I jumped a little too soon, but everyone else looked awesome so we went with it. Cody's pose is the best! He looks like a superhero.

then in the pool.headfirst down the twisty slide.  Nutella crepes. More swimming. Dinner at steakhouse, but our big Mayan buddy wasn't working tonight :(
Sweet Shoppe. Sky bar again. Waitress knows us now and brought us a non alcoholic menu. Played Best Couple game, so hilarious!! Mayer was in it. We found out he is from Texas like we were guessing. The big cowboy hat gave it away.  Popping balloons. Packed our stuff, this going home thing is real :(
Dawn (Raini's sister) said Chloe was crying every time she saw her today at school and  Karen said Chloe was crying when she put her on the bus. I didn't think my kids were going to miss me so much.


Raini and I made one last trip to our beloved Sweet Shoppe for nutella crepes
Then it was more swimming but in the pool this time. Raini and I even went down the slides and they didn't even care that I went down head first on my belly, Mexico is awesome!! We swam and relaxed until we were ready for dinner. We ate at Terraza again, but we were so sad that our big Mayan buddy wasn't there. We wanted to get our picture with him. He was so much fun and brought us all kinds of fun non-alcoholic drinks. He was also the one that said, "The rain, it's coming!"
Our men. :)
The Tequila - where we ate breakfast every morning. The view was fabulous.
We kept laughing at this sign.
The view from the other side of the resort

Gulf of Mexico
Our room
The sinks and counters were low even for me
Our balcony
I even slept on this one night and didn't even get cold

Our awesome VIP bands that let us do anything and everything
Now that's fresh honey!! Straight from the honeycomb

We were at the resort for a week and there weren't a lot of people there and you would keep seeing the same people over and over again. We of course gave them all nicknames. Rob/1994/South Carolina was one of them.
 Meet "Mater". We never did figure out his real name, but he sounded just like Mater when he talked. In our minds we all thought of him as some oil tycoon from Texas. It turns out, he really is from Texas, the hat gave it away.
He is also the one who did a superman on his wife at the Sky Bar. They were part of a hilarious couples game. You had to put a balloon between you and your spouse on a chair, standing, on the floor, etc and pop it. Well, his wife (the tiny lady behind him in the picture) was laying on the floor holding the balloon and he just did a belly flop on her from standing position. We thought for sure she was either going to be dead or severely injured, but she got up and was even laughing! Whew!
We saw this guy a lot too, and again didn't ever get his real name, but we nicknamed him Michael Bolton. I shouldn't have to explain why, just look at the guy.

We went to the Sky Bar one last time and our favorite waitress brought us the non alcoholic menu first thing. We laughed and laughed watching people play the Couples game. We called it a night fairly early so we could get our things packed to go home. This going home thing it getting real ;(
 I'm anxious to see my kiddo's though. Dawn (Raini's sister) said Chloe was crying every time she saw her today at school and  Karen said Chloe was crying when she put her on the bus. I didn't think my kids were going to miss me so much. It breaks my heart.
12.8.2016

No comments: