Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Cancun Day 2 - Beach Day!

 Today was so dreamy!!
I mean seriously, look at the view!!
And even better, look at my company.
Our crew. 
Cody, myself, Scott and Raini Hayden
I am so thankful that they invited us to tag along with them!
My "Favorite Hubby" 
It drives him crazy that I call him that
Scott and Raini
I just love her!!
We played in the ocean until we just couldn't handle accidentally swallowing any more salt water because we were jumping into the waves like little kids.
This was the rest of our day and it was absolutely wonderful. The weather was perfect, we had cabana boys to take care of our every need, I had a great book to read under our umbrella, the waves crashing in the foreground and the best company in the world.
Cody wandered a bit off and on looking for shells. Shells that later caused problems in airport security because they look really crazy under x ray.

These birds would come over occasionally and try to steal our food and snacks. I threw one of them a gummy worm. He took it and flew over on top of one of the cabana, put his foot on it and try to chew it and then he would give up and come back for another one. He finally caught on after the third one.
Cody flipped sand on me and it ended up inside my thighs. I was getting some pretty crazy looks as I was washing it off and the three yahoo's with me were laughing so hard they were almost crying.
There was a HUGE aquarium in the lobby of the resort and it had all kinds of crazy fish in it.
It was so weird to see Christmas stuff up after we had just spent a day on the beach in our swim suits.
We ate dinner at one of the fancier restaurants, Terraza,  that required us to dress up a bit. We were sitting outside eating and had a really fun Mayan waiter. He came up to us right after we had ordered and said in broken English, "The rain, it's coming". And within minutes it was a complete downpour. Luckily he had moved us inside right after he told us so we stayed dry.
 After dinner we decided to check out the night life. They had karaoke this night. This guy (singing) is  "Karaoke Rob" who we were calling "1994" or "South Caraolina" earlier because he we were told he has been a member of the resort since then and is from South Carolina, didn't know his real name so called him that between ourselves and it stuck.He was a funny guy and we kept seeing him everywhere.
Margarita (virgin of course)
Strawberry Daiquiri's (again both virgin) 

We almost had ourselves talked into getting up there and singing karaoke (because no one there was EVER going to see us again) when they announced that was it for the night.
Later that night I started getting text messages from our friends back home. They were at a White Elephant Christmas party and this was one of the gifts. We were laughing so hard we were crying. I don't know how they found all these pictures of Cody from back in the day to make this calendar. ; )

 Also, we discovered today that the natives can't really say "shit". They say "chit" and it's hilarious!! Cody also keeps saying "Grassy Ass" instead of "Gracias"

12.3.16.

No comments: