Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Cancun - Day 1

We were up at 4:15 am because we had to be at the airport at 5am, but it wasn't too terrible because we were so excited. We had a lay over in Denver and it wasn't at all what I expected. I kept thinking about that line from "Dumb and Dumber" as we were landing because I expected there to be lots of mountains so hence the "That John Denver was full of sh*t man!". 

We landed in Mexico and I couldn't help but think about how funny is smelled. I'm sure it was the humidity or something. I'm really not sure and couldn't put my finger on it, but it definitely smelled different down there. 

We felt like celebreties when we saw Freddy holding a sign with our names. That was a first for all of us. He took us to Domingo who drove us to the Beach Palace Resort (our resort) at 100 km/hour!! There are so many crazy drivers there, but surprisingly we didn't see a single accident.
Freddy!!
We checked in, took a tour of our rooms and then we ate dinner at one of the restaurants in the resort. It was so delicious and they had a dessert bar from heaven!!
See what I mean?!?
Cody asked me if I was feeling OK because I had only taken 2 pictures all day, so I took a picture of my dessert and then he just rolled his eyes at me, lol. 

After dinner we walked down to the beach and waded in the ocean. On our way back a show was starting at the pool so we stayed and watched it. It was pretty amazing. This guy was so strong.

After the show we wandered around the rest of the resort while eating popsicles, checked out the roof top pool and then headed to bed. Our rooms all have tile and Cody thinks it is the weirdest thing ever. 

12.2.2016


No comments: