Sunday, April 27, 2014

Boise (aka Kitchen Remodel take 1)

I have been wanting and needing to replace my cabinets in my kitchen for a long time, they are so worn out. They are the original to the house built in 1959 and need some serious help. They don't close properly because they have so many coats of paint on them (only 1 from us), the fronts of some of the drawers have fallen off when we pull them open, and the drawers leave sawdust on the things in the cupboard below them every time I pull a drawer open because they are so worn out. They are also so old that no matter how much I clean then they still seem and look dirty.

A girlfriend is remodeling her entire kitchen, that in my opinion doesn't need remodeled, but I am the lucky recipient of her "old" cabinets. We offered to come help her take them out and she gave them to us for free!
Here are a few pictures of them. I can't wait to show you pictures of them in my kitchen. 




This is the only picture I took of the entire process and it was the first one we took down. After that we were busy demoing and loading them into the trailer for the ride home. We got there around 5:30 and we were done a little after nine and that included stopping to eat dinner. 
We stayed the night at Char's house, we went out to breakfast the next morning, visited my cousin Krystee and her family and then headed home. 
Somewhere in Idaho

We decided to take the scenic route home for a change of scenery.
We stopped in Arco to stretch and get some dinner. I can officially say that I have eaten at Pickles Place now.
We bought some huge pickles for the kids. 

Thank you to my dad for lending us his trailer to haul the cabinets in and for picking Gavin up from school, oh and getting the kids suitcase that I forgot at my house so they weren't naked on Saturday.

Thank you to my parents and my sister for watching my kids (at the last minute because of flaky people) so that we could even go! You guys are awesome and I LOVE YOU!!

WARNING: You may not want to answer your phones if we call because is could be us asking for help to demo our kitchen, replace the floors, paint and put the new cabinets in! ; )

4/26/2014

2 comments:

Marie said...

how exciting! I can't wait to see the finished kitchen!

Jessie said...

Ahh! Can't wait to see your "brand new" kitchen!