Sunday, April 27, 2014

April Fool's

I took a lot of slack for not playing any pranks at work on April Fool's day so I ended up getting them anyway, still in April just on a different day so they weren't expecting it. I did all the prep work at home and then did all this on my lunch break. (There weren't any surgeries this day so I was the only nurse there, I had to be there to do patient histories, EKG's and labs, so I pretty much had the place to myself).
I brought Chloe's Barbie head and used a pillow and rolled blankets to make a fake patient. I put here in a bay and closed the curtain so they could find her in the morning.
I opened the curtain later to take this picture and even jumped a little myself even though I knew she was there.
I couldn't figure out how to take this with my face in it and still see what was on the mirror, but when you put your face to hit it gives you glasses and a mustache.
I decorated the men's locker room in princess vinyl
I changed all the spelling on the surgery board
Katerack is really spelled Cataract
I did it to Hansen's board too
Lapp Coalee - Lap Chole
Herkneeuh - Hernia
Anorektal Eggzam- Anorectal Exam
Cullenoscopee - Colonscopy
(Twilight version, get it?)
I put a snake under a pillow, but put the pillow at the bottom of the bed so the am nurse would move it prior to a patient coming in
Put fake spilled whiteout in the candy drawer
Made copies of the bears and put in the copier. I wanted to make copies of my face but I couldn't get the copier open far enough to get my head in there.
I restock the refrigerator in PACU
"Warning for David: Zero does NOT mean Zero Caffeine"
(Dave thought Coke Zero meant Zero caffeine a few weeks ago)
Bree hates clowns so I left her a pair on her scanner
I added an ugly Easter flower and GI Joe riding a rooster to Monica's office

I added a couple of tacky floral pictures to Joanns office

I also updated the PACU desk with some shiny chrome
(note to self, if you are going to do this, do not use cheesy dollar store aluminum foil, it rips too easily and doesn't fold and shape like you need it to)
I left some bugs under the beds (but made sure they were beds that would get moved before patients would see them)
I added a sleeping kitten to the waiting room and it stayed there for days before anyone noticed.
I left a bowl of candy in the break room but it had a special surprise. It had M&M's, Reese's pieces, and Skittles all mixed together. Not a good combination together.
I left a "urine" (Mtn Dew) specimen in the break room fridge
A few bug and spider surprises
I also put a fake fly in the paper towels
This use to day "Office Staff, Pre Op and OR Staff" but I made some changes
I left a "Certificate of Achievement" for my supervisor. We laughed because it didn't say what it was for.
I left an eight legged friend in the toilet paper in the bathroom
 This is the ONLY door to the restroom
 To be nice and to make up for all the pranks I played I left them a Real Non-prank treat in the bottom of the drug box for them to find at the end of the day when they did the count. : )

Maybe next year they won't harass me so bad for not doing anything.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Lol! You did this all in one day?! Creative!