Saturday, November 23, 2013

Thirty Five and Barely Alive

For my birthday this year I got strep throat again...the fifth time this year and most of them on holidays. I had it in January, over Easter, Fourth of July, right after Cody's birthday and now on my birthday.

I've been told multiple times that I need to get my tonsils out and I know I do, because it's just getting more frequent and it's worse every time I get it, but I know too much. I've been in the operating room and watched them be taken out. I've seen the blood and smelled the cauterized flesh (sorry that's probably a little too much, but it's the truth!). I've also taken care of patients who have just had it and I know it is ten times harder for an adult to have them out than it is for a kid.

To make things even worse, I also have a deviated septum which is just a fancy way of saying that my nostril is occluded on my left side so I might as well get it all over with at once right? One recovery period, one bill, one deductible. So in January after my nephew is born it's all going down. I'm having my tonsils out and my septum fixed. Wish me luck!!

On a happier note I found this on my phone the morning of my birthday. I had almost a dozen Happy Birthday texts from friends and family and then my mom called to sing me Happy Birthday. She actually sent me a text first and I wrote back "That doesn't count" so then she called me and sang to me like she does every birthday. 

I also got this card from my cousin Angie and her new hubby Dan


Funny right? I loved it!

No comments: