Saturday, November 23, 2013

My Week

This week consisted of being late to work, spilling betadine, having my basement flood, our neighborhood getting burglarized and being involved in a hit and run and all before Thursday!

Here's the scoop:

Monday- I had to be to work at 6 am in Rexburg. I don't work very often anymore so I'm a little out of practice with setting my alarm these days. I had set my alarm for 5:09 am and remember thinking in my head that gives me plenty of time. That morning it goes off and I think in my head, "I have time to hit the snooze once" and I do. I get up head to the bathroom and turn the heater on to make the bathroom extra cozy while I shower. While I'm waiting for it to warm up I hop on Facebook to see what's been going on since I have been out of it with strep for the past couple of days.

It's 5:40 and I'm stepping into the shower. Cody comes in to see if I'm OK and then is asking me about work etc. and kind of getting on my nerves because I'm still a little sick, I don't like being quizzed so much in the morning and he has the bathroom door open and it letting all my warm air out. He asks me if I'm going to work and I said "yes" even though I'm thinking "why else would I be up and getting in the shower before 6 am and then he says, "Aren't you suppose to be there at 6?" BAM!! It hits me! I am suppose to be there at 6 and I usually leave my house no later than 5:20am, the same time I finally crawled out of bed!!

I'm now standing there trying to decide if I have time to shower, but then convince myself it doesn't matter if I have time I HAVE to shower because I have been sick and sleeping in my own stench all weekend. I jump in the shower and plan out in my head how I'm going to interview my patient and  get my O.R. ready for surgery by 7am in less than an hour. I get dressed, throw on some makeup and head out the door with wet hair (thank goodness we wear surgical caps!).

I get to work 35 minutes late and am rushing to get ready in time when this happens:




That's betadine and it stains, bad!

At this point all I can do it laugh because....well because what else can I do about it. Lane, a CRNA, walks in as I'm taking this picture to send to my hubby (who just sent me a text asking me how my morning was going). We decided to have a little fun with the situation.
 I know totally gross right?

Here's some more grossness from another angle

Luckily, the Dr. thought he was in clinic today and not surgery so he ended up being a little late as well so I had time to clean up my betadine mess...
sort of...and get my OR ready and my patient interviewed on time.

Tuesday: We had to have a man come and clean our sewer line out the day before because our neighbors tree roots are growing into it. Tuesday morning after I showered I noticed that all of my shower water was all over the laundry room floor by the drain so we called him to come again. I had to leave to take Foster to court so I had my mother in law come to watch the kids. Her washer is broke and the new one isn't installed yet because my father in law wants to put a board of some sort behind their new washer, so she wanted to do some laundry at my house. I told her that the guy was coming to fix the problem and that she could just leave her laundry here and I would wash it for her while she was at work after the guy had fixed the problem.

Long story short, she did her own laundry anyway and the water that was just in my laundry room was now under my stairs, in my bathroom and in my family room. We had to call another guy to come suck up all the water, deodorize and spray everything for mildew/mold prevention and pull our carpet up again.

 I can't let the kids downstairs now because they jump on the "bubble" of carpet that the fan makes and it's ripping the carpet.

Wednesday: Wednesday night/early Thursday morning three streets of our neighborhood was burglarized. Luckily the police showed up and spooked them away when they were at the neighbors across the cul-de-sac from us. We weren't robbed of any material things, but I feel robbed of the security that I use to feel in our neighborhood. We can't leave our car doors unlocked anymore : (

Thursday: After the round table for scouts I ran over to Albertson's to get some hamburger that was on sale from my mother in law. I had a car in front of me. It pulled out into the road and then realized they were pulling out in front of someone and backed up right into me. I hadn't even moved yet at this point and as soon as she gunned it I knew they were going to hit me because they were coming at me so fast. I put my van in park thinking they would do the same, but as soon as the coast was clear they pulled onto the road. I followed them thinking that they were just getting out of everyone else's way, but quickly discovered they weren't stopping anytime soon.

I called the police and go close enough to get a license plate number and then I kept following them because I didn't want them to get away. I didn't know if there was any damage on my van at this point, but if there was they needed to take care of it. I updated the dispatcher at every turn so that the officer en route would know where to go. They finally stopped at a house in front of an elementary, but I kept going. I didn't know who they were or what they had in their car. I drove to the next corner to the signs to update the officer where I was but I could still see the other car. They sat there with their lights on for a minute and then started driving again. Then they pulled into the garage of the house I was parked at, what are the odds of that?

It ended up being a teenage girl who was going to get milk for her dad. At first she said she didn't know she hit me and then she said she didn't know I was following her and that it was an accident, and then wanted to know how I knew where she lived. 

I told her I understood it was an accident and wasn't mad at her for hitting me, I was mad at her for driving away and that it was illegal. The officer showed up and we looked over my van and other than my license plate being bent up it was OK, thank goodness. The girl told the officer that she didn't learn about hit and run's in driver's ed and he told her that even if she didn't learn about them that it should be common sense to not leave the scene of an accident. 

It all turned out OK, our cars were fine and she learned her lesson so hopefully it won't happen again. I'm just glad that week is over and hope I don't have another one like it for a long time. 
 





No comments: