Saturday, November 23, 2013

Life of Fry

 I love the surprises that my boys leave me in their pockets. I just hope I keep finding things like this and not snakes, etc.
 Two of Gavin's favorite things 
He loves his straw glasses and has since we got them. He also loves his "fire pajamas" that Grandma Fry got him a long time ago. He rapidly grew into them and is rapidly growing out of them.
 My mom, sister Karen, sister-in-law Erin and I made these birthday boards. We found the idea on pinterest but decided to stain them instead of paint them. These are the reason my mom needed vinyl and I had to go to Porter's! (read here for the full story)
 My handsome hard working man
We surprised him at lunch one day. He is working on the new Melalueca building south of town and it is HUGE!!
 The kids had a "hair hockey" tournament one morning. I had to literally drag Gavin out of bed almost everyday this week for school and then Saturday came and I was so excited because we were going to be able to sleep in, but they decided that getting up before 7 am on a Saturday morning was a great idea. The good thing about it was we made all four of them crawl in bed with us for Saturday snuggles. It only lasted for about 10 min but it was still fun.
 It was Chloe against Mason with Gavin and Foster keeping score
 Gavin has had these batman pajamas for years and he absolutely loves them. They are about 2 sizes too small. I have even set them aside to pack up for Mason multiple times when doing laundry, but he keeps asking for them. It's not hurting anything letting him wear too small of pajamas so I keep putting them in his drawer. Hopefully they will wear out before his 16th birthday so he will stop wearing them.
 Chloe put herself down for a nap
 Bedtime Stories
Only daddy can read Skippy Jon Jones because he has the best accent for the job.
Gavin has been learning about pilgrims and indians at school. His indian name is Golden Eagle. He has been so excited about all of it and telling me all about the first Thanksgiving. He finally got to wear his feathers home and he was so excited!
 Golden Eagle

 Chloe dresses herself almost everyday. She loves her pink sunglasses and her pink jacket. Pink is her all time favorite color.
Snuggling with Foster
 I wish I didn't have to blot him out. He has the prettiest eyes!
 Chloe in her true form
 Foster loves Gavin and is his little sidekick whenever he is home. Foster fell asleep watching Gavin playing a game.
 For Gavin's date night he wanted to go to Wendy's for a frostee, but we ended up ordering dinner too because it was about that time of night. He played with his new car for about 10 minutes before he even touched his food. I just sat there and watched him and talked to him. I love having one on one time with my kids. After we ate our Frostee ice cream cones he wanted to go to Toys R Us to look around. We spent the majority of the time at the Skylander and Infinity portals seeing what each figure would do.
 The kiddos after a good day at church!
 Somebody forgot their pants
 The kids are into glasses lately. Mason calls these goggles his "boggles"
 I saw this on Pinterest and had to try it out. My kids are hungry ALL THE TIME! I can be cleaning up after they just had two helpings each at breakfast and they will tell me they're hungry. I couldn't ever get anything done because I felt like I spent all morning feeding them, then it would be time for lunch and naps where I still couldn't get anything done because I would need to finally shower for the day.
I started this and let me just say it is a life saver! It gives them a variety of foods plus when they come tell me they are hungry while I am in the middle of laundry, dishes, etc I can just send them to the table. They are happy and I am happy, everyone is happy!!

I keep changing the food in it so they don't get sick of the same thing. Some of the things I put in it are strawberries, rapsberries, blueberries, grapes, apple slices, banana slices, carrots, celery, cherry tomatoes, cheese slices, pickle slices, raisins, cranberries, different kinds of crackers, peanuts, kiwi's, oranges, and even mini marshmallows.
 Gavin learned how to make french toast and even got a little egg on his face.
 My stylists doing my hair
Gavin wanted me to take a picture. He and Foster were laughing because the sun coming in the window was making their ears "glow".

Other happenings:

We had new family pics taken on Nov. 2nd and should be getting the disk any day now. Super excited for them. We have already had a sneak preview and sent a list of the ones we want. Can't wait!

The taxidermied mahi mahi is now in our possession after Paul and Erin put it on the roof of our camper. We are plotting how to get it back to them. 

Our friends the Vodas moved out of our ward and neighborhood. It was fun helping them get moved and settled into their new house, but it was sad having them leave. 

There are never ending pranks going on in the neighborhood. They have mostly involved numerous bags of leaves lately.

I was recently dubbed the "Smoke Alarm Hero". To read more about it click here.

 

1 comment:

Erin said...

You have "good" days at church?! I'm jealous!