Monday, April 15, 2013

Life...

 Gavin refusing to get in the van when I picked him up from school because I wouldn't let him go to a friends house to play. So he just laid on the front lawn on the school while I played some Words with Friends on my phone. When he realized I wasn't going to fall for his shenanigans he got in the van.
 This is rare! These two get along as well as oil and water so to see them like this gives me a glimmer of hope : )
I should add that they play outside and with Tonka trucks well
 Chloe is in Heaven!!
She loves babies, especially real ones. If we see a baby in a store or anywhere she points and practically yells "Baby!" She got to "hold" our new niece Tayvri (a week old) and was loving every second of it. She was mad when I took her back.
 Mother of the Year Award goes to me!
I had some friends over to make a super cute decoration for our doors. I bathed Mason and Chloe and had them in bed and then had Gavin take a bath. When he was done I took him his pj's and underwear and then left him in the bathroom to get dressed. He is really into privacy lately. I got distracted with my project and then realized I hadn't seen Gavin. I had just assumed he had gotten dressed and went straight to bed because he was really tired. 
My sister said that she hadn't seen him in the bathroom when she was in there so I checked his bed, no Gavin. Toyroom? No Gavin.  By then I figured he had gotten past me and was downstairs playing Skylanders (he's a borderline addict, anyone know of a Skylanders Anonymous I can take him too?), but had a feeling to check the bathroom.  If I hadn't walked over to the tub I would have never seen him. He was fast asleep. We all laughed and then I started the impossible task of trying to wake him up to get him dressed and into bed. I told him about it the next day and he denied the whole thing. He said he wasn't asleep, just "resting his eyes."
 The pack and play was still up from when Megan used it and Sunday morning it was the kids favorite place to play.
The kiddo's showing me their "Muscles." Gavin even took his shirt off so we could see them better.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Teri, you have a talent for capturing the mundane and awful and making it funny and okay after all.

Sarah said...

Ok that story just cracked me up!!