Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Moving Day!!

 It's FINALLY HERE!!
Cody and I were up a little after 6 getting the last minute things ready. I know, 6am on a Saturday?! Honestly we were both so excited to get out of our dinky apartment and into our new house that it didn't even bother us, we were too excited. 
 I got the kids up and ready and took them to Cody's sister Sadie who volunteered to watch them for us. I stopped at the store on the way home to get donuts, juice and chocolate milk to keep our helpers happy and then it was showtime. 

We started loading trucks at 9 am and were headed to Rigby by 10 am. Kenny and his kids with Mandy and Keylee. My cousin Bill came with a horse trailer. Paul, Kenny and Taylor all had their trucks, mom and dad had their car they loaded all of our clothes in. Oliver, Nick and Landon Croft and Jason Beck (before he had to leave for a funeral) were all there helping. Liz came to clean our apartment for the inspetion and that girl showed up at 9 am and was there until 4pm!! She went over that place with a fine tooth comb!! I owe her big time!! We are so grateful for amazing friends and family who are always willing to step in and help.

Once we got to our house Aunt Paige, Adam and Miriam showed up as well as people from our new ward: the Shelton's, Mark Walker, the Klingler's, Derek South, Ryan Barker another guy who's name I never caught, and Bishop Kinghorn with his son Jake. A few of the other guys had their kids too but I didn't get their names.
 Brother Shelton came over as soon as he saw Cody and I pull into the driveway with a trailer. He asked if we had any help, we said we did, but he still went home and made some phone calls and even though none of those people even knew who we were, they were still there helping us.
 It was such a nice welcome into the ward. 
I bought 6 large Papa Kelsey's pizzas for everyone. We were all moved in including our storage units by early afternoon. I can't believe all the stuff we have. It just kept coming and coming. I don't know how we got it all in our tiny little house!
I got the kids rooms all unpacked and put together. Mom and dad did the kids bunk beds, Faith set up Chloe's room because Chloe said "my mom decorates ugly", Mandy put  my kitchen all together for me and Kenny and Taylor put the swing set and trampoline together so the kids had something to do. We are so blessed to have so much help.
And now here we are sleeping our first night in our forever home :)
This was the view from my couch the morning of. I was so excited, but yet so overwhelmed looking at all the work we had to do. Little did I know all the help we were going to have and how soon it was all going to be done.
My brother Paul seriously saved my life! Cody was in Boise working and only home from Friday night to Sunday afternoon every week so I referred to him as my "second husband". He showed up to help pack boxes and stayed after 10 pm one night, but he did cause some serious embarrassment for me.
For fun I would write stuff on the boxes like the top one that I changed to say "Teri has Skilz", Paul however chose to go a different route as you can see on the bottom box that says "Penis enlarger". He came up with some real humdingers.
When everyone was bringing in boxes, furniture etc I was in charge of standing at the front door and directing people where to go. One of the older men from our ward brought in a box and said he wasn't sure where it was suppose to go. I looked at it and it was labeled "Kitchen Sex Toys"!!! I immediately went red, explained that my brother is a prankster and sent him to the kitchen. Luckily he just chuckled and said, "I just think it's cool that you have them themed!" OH.MY!!! Hopefully he has a terrible memory and forgets this even happened.
 
My bedroom shortly after everything was unloaded. At least I can see my bed. We did get it made so we were able to sleep in it the first night.
 
The living room and dining room. I'm just so grateful that all of our things are finally under the same roof for the first time in over 6 months.
Chloe's room by late afternoon. I couldn't find the nails to get her letters on her wall hung straight, but everything else was all in order. She is so excited to have her own pink bedroom.
 
The boys room took a bit longer with the bunk beds and twice the amount of clothes, but this was early evening of moving day.
 
I still can't believe all this trim was black when we bought the house. We spent 8 long hours in this room priming, painting and re-painting to get it to look like this. I didn't get any of their wall decor hung either due to the lack of nails, but you get the idea.





4.23.2016

No comments: