Saturday, June 7, 2014

Memorial Day 2014

We went to Stoddard Creek camping this year and it was awesome. It was green, away from the hustle and bustle of city life, we didn't have cell phone signal unless we drove down the road, there were great ATV trails and I was with my family. It doesn't get much better than this.
Relaxing.....
It seems like this rarely happens anymore.
My niece Madi learned how to drive Gavin's four wheeler
Chet chasing her down

Chase's very first camping trip!!
Mason, Madi and Chloe
Gavin spent hours riding around and around
Mason and Chloe playing in the creek. I told them over and over again NOT to get their shoes wet and as soon as I walked away to haul firewood to the campsite (less than 30 seconds away) guess what they did, YEP! They came running over to me and told me that they both "accidentally fell in the water". Uggh!!
Cousin's
Megan, Mason, Madi, Gavin and Chloe my clumsy kid
The view from the top of the mountain that Madi and I drove too




Erin, Tayvri, Brigham and Bailee
Chloe
Mason, Chloe and Grandma
My dirty Mason with a dirty worm
Digging up more worms
Mason wearing two helmets
Chloe, Madisen and Megan
Gavin fishing on Camus Creek



He caught one
Daddy and Gavin
Gavin plowing threw the water
My view most of the time we went for a ride
Chloe and Mason were so tired, but wouldn't sleep so I put them both in the hammock and rocked them to sleep

Chase and Mason
This is what happens when I leave my camera laying around
The men went on a mission to find some firewood


Cody wearing my "kardashians" (what he calls my huge sunglasses) so he would have protective eye wear



Tayvri
Gavin took these two pictures on one of our rides
The kids squealed and laughed while we were going up this trail
My kiddos and I on top of the world!

Gavin wanted a picture with him and the littles on the 4 wheeler. He is turning into a mini-me when it comes to taking pictures.

Megan and Mason

We let them have a movie night. They all cuddled up in Aunt Karen's camper and watched Brave.
Megan, Chloe and Mason
Mischief!!! 
The three of them disappeared shortly after this picture was taken
We found them headed up this hill. Look closely you can see them
Time for a tick check
We all went for a family ride
(we are definitely overdue for another atv, it's getting pretty scrunchy with all 5 of us)
Megan, Chloe, Mason, Madisen and Gavin
Chloe, Megan and Mason
Mrs. Chloe Blue Lips
My momma!!
Grandpa taking the kiddos for a ride
Cody went for a ride, ended up getting lost (he is severely directionally challenged) and had to ask some people on horses for directions to get back to the road and it wasn't the road he was talking about but along the way he found me some flowers so he picked them with high hopes he would make it back to camp before getting eaten alive by bears, wolves, or zombies
He made me pose with them


I played some frisbee with my little dude. We would try and catch it by sticking our arm through the hole.





Mom and dad with some more wood
Paul went for a ride with the twins. They both ended up falling asleep like this. He said it was a long ride back.
Gavin peeling out after getting high centered on a stump
To say he LOVES animals would be a complete understatement
Oh you know, just giggling and sharing snacks with each other

Mason drops his pants wherever and lets it go when we are camping. Not always a good thing
Cody teaching Mason how to drive the 4 wheeler.






Thanks goodness for the kill cord

Mom and dad watched the kids so Cody and I could go on a ride alone
Our first attempted selfie. LOL!!
Much better!!
This is why Cody calls my sunglasses my "Kardashians", they are overly HUGE!! I ended up buying them somewhere when we were in his truck and I didn't have any and my selections was either men's glasses, ghetto glasses or these. At least my peepers are well protected.
Some views from our ride




LOL! I look super ridiculous here. This pose is all for your amusement


The "rollercoaster hill". Cody may or may not have said a really naughty word as I drove us up this hill. (insert hysterically laughing emoticon)


We went through a really rocky, slanted part of the trail and no offense but Cody makes a terrible passenger. Instead of staying low to the seat and close to me to keep all of our weight centered he was practically standing up and we ended up getting thrown off when one of the wheels hit a big rock and my foot slid off the brake pedal so I was reaching for the hand brake and lost my grip.  Actually, I just got thrown off and then Cody decided to bail off too (city boy) instead of grabbing the handle bars and stopping it. I hurried and rolled out of the way so I didn't get rolled on. Cody jumped up and went chasing after it and was able to stop it. Luckily we were both ok. I got a little scraped up and have some bruises on my right side from landing on the big rocks, but we are alive, the atv is ok and next time Cody will listen to me when I tell him he needs to stay close to me and not stand up! : )
He was laughing so hard he was snorting! Such a goofball



Chet running over some logs because...well...because he's Chet



Gavin teaching Mason how to cast
"Fishing" 
There's no water in there


Gavin fell asleep in the chair by the fire. He does this almost every time we go camping

Dad and I showing off our "white" legs
I was trying to start a new trend, white socks with capris but it didn't catch on

Megan 2, Madi, 4, Chloe 3, Gavin 7, Mason 4
Our annual last day of camping picture
Dad, Mom, Chase, Chet, Karen, Cody and I
Mason, Chloe, Madisen, Megan and Gavin
(Paul and Erin went home the day before and we forgot to get a picture with them)
We stopped in Spencer so Gavin could look at the rocks, he loves rocks.
This is what he ended up getting

"Iron, emerald, gold obsidien dimond"
"Gavin's minecraft blocks"
Gavin also brought me home a heart shaped piece of wood : )
Dirty, stinky camping piggies : )

Paul and Erin came home a day early and decorated our house, yard and tree for us with pantyliner's
. Wasn't that so sweet of them?!?!


No comments: