Thursday, June 12, 2014

Gavin's T&A

What better thing to do on the first full week of summer other than to have your tonsils out? Right? That wasn't the initial plan, but it's how it ended up working out. We had to be in Rexburg (about 35 min. away) at 6:30am so it was an early morning. G&G Blakely kept Mason and Chloe over night so we didn't have to wake them up so early.
(I apologize in advance for the blurriness of the pictures. I really need to stop using the camera on my iphone. It's just not the same after having been dropped in water a few times)
 On the way.
 Daddy wasn't able to be there so we were sending him lots of pictures so he knew what was going on.
 He was so brave and let Dave start his IV for him in Pre op. He didn't even flinch or cry : ) That's my tough boy
 Dave also blew up a balloon and drew a cute face on it for him. It helped to keep him occupied while I signed paperwork and we waited for the Dr.
 Can you believe that's a glove? Dave has some pretty powerful lungs.
 He's official now with his party hat. 
(He's in the middle of throwing his bear, that him and Dave named Bugger Bear, at Dave)
 When he woke up I told him to smile so I could take a picture to send to his daddy and this is what I got. He wanted me to take a picture of his tonsils (or lack thereof). He also wondered if he still had his uvula, he did. Then he wanted me to go make sure that Dave and Debbie (his OR nurse) knew that he was awake.
 Gavin and Bugger Bear
He loved the drugs and took awhile to wake up but when he did he woke up nice and calm (Great work Jared!). His nose was itchy from the fentanyl so he kept itching it.
 Popsicles make everything better
 Gavin wouldn't let Camille push him in the wheelchair, he wanted to do it himself.
 Gavin accidentally popped his other balloon so Dave blew up another (smaller one) and let Gavin draw a face on it himself.
 He has been so excited that he get's to "be lazy" and watch movies all day in daddy's chair. He wanted me to wake him up "every 4 minutes" so he could drink something.

WARNING: GRAPHIC




He kept asking me over and over again to get a picture and I finally caved and figured I'd better post it on here so it ends up in the Fry Family Yearbook.

No comments: