Saturday, June 7, 2014

Beans Dirty Thirty

My baby brother Bean*(I wish I could say much OLDER brother) finally turned 30, so in honor of his birthday I decorated his car in none other than colonoscopy ribbon**.
He was working that day and came out as soon as I started but he couldn't do much to stop me because he was suppose to be inside working so he just had to sit and watch.

The following Saturday my sister-in-law had a surprise birthday party for him. He worked until 3:30 so I was trying to stall him until 5, but he kept blowing me off! What a stinker!! I was tried to get him to come watch Gavin's game but he said by the time he got off and made it over there it would be about over. Then I tried to get him to come over to see our new sidewalk and back patio but he wouldn't go for that either....doesn't he know that this is all part of the plan?!?!
Finally Erin and I just gave up and we let him go home. She decided to just send him to Broulim's right before people were suppose to be showing up to get something hard to find AND she sent him with the twins to slow him down. Then when he was on his way home just to be safe she sent Paul over to his in-laws to get a game. 

When he walked in the door he was SO SURPRISED! He literally didn't have a clue and it was AWESOME and so much fun. 
He had ran into one of his friends that was on the way to his party at Broulims so when he saw him there it was even funnier and he called his friend a liar, hee hee

We overly stuffed ourselves on a bunch of delicious food and then took pictures with props that Erin had made. It was pretty fun!

Erin had people bring 30 of something for his birthday. Paul is always putting on chapstick and kissing my van and house windows so me being a glutten for punishment bought him 30 chapsticks, my parents as part of their gift gave him 30 pieces of fresh picked wild asparagus (YUMMY), my sister gave him a new tackle box with 30 jelly beans rolling around inside and I can't remember what else (this was almost a month ago. 
Guess who this is?
My mom and Cody got into a food fight. These two are always harassing one another
The kids were preoccupied by the swing set, trampoline and sandbox
Gavin built "Mount Crystal Cavern" and wanted me to take pictures of it pretty much from all angles. He doesn't take after his mom at all!


 We have a taxidermied Mahi Mahi fish that has been getting passed around the family for a few years now. In honor of Paul's 30th, Karen and Chet lovingly placed it on Paul and Erin's roof (above the window left of the door).  It's 3-4 feet long. 

Happy Birthday Paul!! 
I hope it was a GREAT ONE!!


*Bean-Paul's nickname. When he was younger he had a pretty large head and being the awesome big sister that I am started calling him Beanhead and it stuck. Over the years it has been shortened to Bean.
**Colonscopy Ribbon - The printer we use at work for endoscopy's takes a pretty good size printer ribbon and when it's all used up it's pretty stinking cute. Everyone at work saves them for me and I use them for all kinds of things, but mostly decorating cars and houses. ; )

No comments: