Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Gavin's 7th Birthday

 Cody has been taking Gavin to different stores in town for the last couple of weeks. They go looking for other things but always end up in the bike section. Cody wanted to get Gavin a bike that he likes, but wanted it to be a surprise so he was being all sneaky about it. 
Then the day before Gavin's birthday Cody brought "the bike" home and I made sure Gavin was over at the neighbors playing so we could get it in the house. We hid it in our room, the kids rarely go in there....THEN....Cody sent Gavin to our room to get his notebook and guess what....after all the sneaking around Gavin saw the bike, the.day.before.his.birthday!!! 
Cody tried to cover it up and say it was our nephew Luke's, but the next morning when we really gave it to him he said, "I knew you guys were tricking me."  He was still pretty excited about it.
 We woke up to the boys playing in our Fill-the-room-with-birthday-balloons-tradition
 This kid is growing so fast we can't keep him in clothes that fit!
 Grandma Blakely singing Happy Birthday to him


 Getting things adjusted to fit him
 It was a cold morning that required coats and gloves

 Minecraft Cupcakes
 My 7 year old!

We went to Jackson Rec Center to go swimming with my family, Gavin was super excited it was on his birthday
 Gavin "teleporting" through the waterfall
 Masonater
 I took him on the big slide and the entire time I was carrying him up the stairs he was telling me over and over " You know I'm gonna hate this". I put him on my lap and we went down the slide and I'm pretty sure he was having fun and as soon as we got to the bottom he said, " See I told you I was gonna hate it". What a stinker!
 Chloe

 Grandma and Bailee
 Uncle Paul and Brigham
 Aunt Erin and Brigham
 Gavin
 My awesome family!!!
Mason, Cody, Gavin, me and Chloe
 Gavin already knows how to photo bomb!
 Bailee, Paul, Tayvri, Erin and Brigham

 Grandma and Chloe
(Grandpa was MIA until after we put the camera away.)
 How to contain your toddler while you get dressed!!
 Gavin has been asking for these ever since he saw Tangled. I found some on Amazon and I have been saving them for his birthday.
 Happy Kid!!
 We invited the Lewis's and Memmott's over to send them up with us. We had a box of 20, but it was so cold we only did about 5 or 6. Definitely a summer time activity!
Cody and Gavin sending up the last one for the night!

Happy Birthday Gavin!!
We love you so much and we are so blessed to have you in our lives.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Absolutely Awesome! what a fun kid and what fun parents you guys are. We are all blessed. ♥

The Cawley's said...

I'm so sad we missed swimming, next year! And in the meantime we need to go to Lava soon when it is a bit warmer!