Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Date Night

I am LOVING that Cody and I decided to do date nights with the kids. It makes them feel so special and Cody and I get the one on one time with the kids that doesn't always happen.
Gavin had been begging to go to The Lego Movie since it came out a few weeks ago so that's were we went. He LOVED it. Gavin was giggling and was laughing so hard and loud. The people behind us were even giggling because of Gavin's giggling. It was so cute.

We had swedish fish, milk duds, twizzlers,  popcorn and sprite for dinner. For every piece he ate he would hand me one. He even held my hand during part of the movie : )

Afterwards he wanted to play on the arcades and race cars but I didn't have any quarters and it was $1.00 anyway/game, but I told him we could do something better. I drove him to the empty parking lot behind the theater and let him drive! I know I'm crazy right? He was on my lap and he was in charge of the steering wheel (with my hands right there) and I ran the foot pedals which was mostly just the brake. The van was in drive and we just let it go on its own which was about 10 mph.
We of course had the talk that he is NEVER allowed to do this AT ALL without an adult over and over until he finally said, "Mom I know already!!". We had the soundtrack to Frozen playing and I let him drive for the first 10 songs and then we called it quits. He did pretty well and was even weaving in and out of the light poles and turning around all by himself and could keep the van in the lines. Not bad for his first time.
When we were done he wanted to go to the "Pretzel Store" (Carsten's Bakery that has a pretzel above its store), but they were closed so we went to Albertson's to get donuts instead and even got to visit with Grandma Fry (she works at the butcher block). Gavin picked out a glazed donut and a chocolate bar and even picked out a pink frosted donut with sprinkles for me. I ended up giving it to Mason and Chloe when we got home because I had already consumed my sugar intake for the rest of the year.


It was a fun night and can't wait to go on the next one. 

2.21.14

No comments: