Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Uncle Berry's

We picked huckleberries on Saturday. It had been raining earlier that morning and then rained a little more while we were picking, but we still had fun. 
On the way up there Mason asked where we were going and Chloe said, "going to Uncle Berry's" instead of "going to pick Huckleberries". We had a good laugh with that one!
 
All ready to pick!
Finally found some.
It was really picked over so we had to hike up the hill a bit until we started finding bushes that had a lot on them.
 
Moments like these where I see big brother helping little brother just melt my heart and make me so proud to be their mom
 
Cody picking berries and Chloe squishing them
 
They were excited because they were so tough they could move a tree by themselves
The boys were great pickers and actually put more in the bucket than they ate
~melting heart~
 
This is towards the end when Gavin started getting bored. He dumped all his berries into my bucket and started goofing off.
 


This face says it all, time to go home
 
All wet and muddy and ready to go home
My shoes were so wet that water would squish between my toes with every step and my pants were wet clear up to my pockets and were so heavy that they wouldn't stay up. Before we got in the van I took all the kids shoes, socks and pants off so they had a more comfortable ride home and I may or may not have done the same thing but I'll never tell ; )

We got quite a few for the short amount of time we were up there
YUMMY!!



July 27, 2013

2 comments:

The Cawley's said...

I actually don't think I have ever eaten a huckleberry, crazy right? I might have to eat one next time you have freshies! THey look yummy.

Jessie said...

Wow! I've never been huckleberry picking before. Looks epic! And yummy.