Thursday, June 21, 2012

Oh how I've missed you both!!

Today I got to do two things that I haven't done for a long time! The first one was work at MMSC. It's been over a month since anyone has needed me to cover for them and while I LOVE staying at home with my kids it's so nice to get back on the nursing saddle and hang out with my comrades at the surgery center AND hang out with my awesome friend Raini who is moving away soon : (  
 Gary in his new shirt and tu-tu!!

Explanation: Ashley and I made cream puffs yesterday, but instead of putting cream we put cotton balls in half of them as a joke. We passed them around to our other friends in our neighborhood and kept the real ones for ourselves (that's how we roll). I had a few "cotton" ones left over and took them to work with the rest of the "real" ones but didn't say a word. Dave & Gary (above) ended up with "cotton mouth". To get me back Gary sprayed antiseptic foam down my back so I went and stole his clothes and replaced them with the shirt and tu-tu (Chloe's clothes she has outgrown that I brought to pass down to my girlfriends daughter). We told Gary he could have his real clothes back after he let us take pictures : )
P.S. We really do work hard we just have fun doing it!

The second thing I got to do today that I literally have not done in YEARS is wear these!!!!
That's right!! I got to play softball tonight!!!!!!!
I was just telling Cody the other day how much I missed it. I am still on a high right now because it was SOOOO GOOD to get back out on the field. I miss the sound and the feel of the ball landing in my mitt and the crack of the bat as you smash the ball into the outfield. I miss standing at home plate getting your feet in just the right position and rubbing dirt on the bat handle. I miss being a part of a team, it was so much fun. I was not a fan of high school at all, but I LOVED sports and being involved in them. I definitely need to get on a softball league next fall.

Dear Softball,

I miss you and I want you back!

Love, Teri

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Busy Summer! Your 3 kiddos look so cute, especially wearing sunglasses! Glad Cody had a nice Father's Day. Bron would kill me if I ever bought him anything pink, but Cody pulled it off quite well, I think. :) And yay for softball for you!