Saturday, June 2, 2012

Boring vs. AMAZING!!!

So I've already confessed my addiction to Pinterest, but now my husband is thinking I am a little crazy!! I saw a wall that had BIG FAT HORIZONTAL stripes on it and I was hooked!! I have been talking about painting them for weeks, but haven't....until now!! Cody will be seeing them for the first time when he reads this post so he will have time to get use to the idea, but for the record he helped me pick out the paint over the phone so he knew what I was up too!

Here's the before...BORING!!!!

 Are you ready??




Here's the after...AMAZING!!!!
 The paint color looks different, but it's just the lighting because of the time of day the pics were taken. What do you think? Pretty cool, huh? I LOVE it and now I have the painting/extreme home make over bug so we will see what happens next!

Gavin took some pics of the process:
 I was planning on doing this the "right" way, but I could not get the shelf off the wall. I tried using Cody's drill, a hand held screwdriver and actually tried to just pull the shelf off the wall, but it wouldn't budge. The screw heads are stripped so I was a total loser and painted around the shelf.
(Who ever buys our house in the future I'm so sorry. You can have the shelf and if you don't want it then we will hook a chain to the truck to pull it off and I will finish painting the wall for you!)

Gavin took the rest of these too:
 Work in progress
 From a different angle to get the whole picture
 And a close up
 My awesome hair
 The TV which had Singles Ward playing. He also took pictures of the radio, the drill, paint can, couch, etc.

 I have no comment for the rest other than ENJOY!!









 A 5 year old "helping" mommy paint!
 
 Like I said I now have the "make over bug" so I finally got rid of the annoying blinds in my kitchen and replaced them with curtains, HOORAY!!  (Cody, they wouldn't fit in the garbage cans so they are in the back of your truck, love you!)

Before:
 
  After:



(not nearly as dramatic as the new paint)

2 comments:

Jessie said...

The wall looks AWESOME!!! I've been tinkering with the idea of painting the new baby's nursery, but I just don't have the energy. You are welcome to makeover my house too! Great job!

oldangelgirl said...

I love both the improvements!! Looks awesome!