Monday, January 4, 2016

Christmas Day

We made a barricade to keep the kids from the living room until they woke us up. We let them run through it to get to their gifts.
First time for everything, Gavin drove a drone right into my hair. We got it out with the help of some scissors.
Practicing his take off and landings
The kids with their Santa gifts: Lalaloopsy, a drone and a "Dark Vader" light saber
Mason is so into Dark Vader this year. He wanted a light saber, a dark vader watch and we got him this action figure and when he opened it up he said, "What?!?! A Dark Vader barbie doll?"
Among other things he got a Mr. Buddy heater to keep him warm when he is hunting
Watch out!! He has two of them
Chloe was excited she got "a project" in her stocking

After we opened our gifts we headed to my mom's for breakfast and our gift exchange. My kids were spoiled once again.
Gavin said, "this day can't get any better!"
The kids were burying Aunt Karen in paper
Erin, Mavis, Paul and dad
Grandma made Mason his very own ninja turtle blanket with toys to match. Lucky boy
Hello Kitty apron, a super cute outfit, a barbie and a Disney princess table and chairs
The little girls had lip gloss in their stockings and they were so excited
Grandpa was thrilled too ; )
Thanks to Chloe and her lip gloss we all swapped a lot of germs that day!
I also ended up with the weirdest gift ever! A gallon container of just about every condiment you could ever want. It was suppose to be part of my birthday present, but they forgot to give it to me and saved it for an extra month.


Gavin and his loot (minus his metal detector truck)
Gavin with his loot and metal detector truck but minus his Skylanders
Mason with his haul
Chloe with her goodies
Chloe and her daddy having a tea party on her new table with her new tea set. Daddy even had classical music playing on his phone for the ambiance
My bucket of condiments. I'm not sure how long it took them to save all of this up, but it's hilarious!



Skylanders is so intense it requires camouflage gloves now


 On the way home from my parents we stopped to look at some spec homes for ideas. I forgot how far into the driveway I had parked and turned a little too soon sending us off the driveway and into deep snow narrowly missing a sign. Cody had to push us out and I still have no idea how I missed hitting that sign, but I'm so glad I did. It was our Christmas miracle!

No comments: