Monday, January 4, 2016

2015 Bandwagon

I always jump on the bandwagon like everyone else and do a recap of what went on the previous year except I'm keeping it simple and skipping the pictures.

January - The Great Churro Hunt took place. All I wanted was a silly churro and it ended up being an entire nights hunt before I finally found some. It doesn't sound very exciting now, but it was super fun, exciting and borderline frustrating at the time.

February - We finally went on our much anticipated and long over due family vacation to Disneyland. We also took the kids to a few beaches where they experienced the ocean for the first time, Sea World, and San Diego Zoo. The kids are still talking about it : )

March- Gavin turned 8 and was baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He was so excited and couldn't wait.
My niece Laken was born and has earned herself many nicknames since; Volcano Baby, Fatty, fatso and Mavis

April - Work flew me to San Antonio for training and I was able to experience the rich history of the town as well visit with my Aunt Debbie who also lives there. It has been years since we have seen each other. I was able to go to her house and have Sunday dinner with her entire family minus my cousin who was deployed.

Harry Potter also invaded our house. Gavin and I started reading them together. He is such a fast reader that I couldn't keep up with him. He is currently on book six as of today.

May - I went to Casper with a couple of girlfriends. We had a minor car problem, but after getting a rental we made it safe and sound and then were rescued by our husbands.

Gavin had his first Pinewood Derby and got 2nd place in his Wolf den and 2nd place overall. It was a fun night.

Mason caught his first fish! It was a 16 inch whopper he caught in Palisades Reservoir. He was so excited.

June - Summer started and we celebrated by a chronic sno cone addiction

July - Our family reunion theme was a circus theme "Under the Big Top", Cody and I ventured to Portland, Oregon for his brother Connelly's wedding to Cassie,  and I introduced my kids to one of my favorite childhood books "Morris has a Cold".

August - We sent a record for our most trips ever in one month to Rigby Lake, Mason started kindergarten and Gavin started 3rd grade.

September - Mason learned how to ride a bike without training wheels on bumping, rocky mountain roads, Gavin shot his first squirrel and a sage grouse, Chloe started preschool and we sold our kids first house in 9 days!

October - We moved into an apartment for the first time in our married lives, we welcomed another great niece, Piper, and after 13 1/2 years of marriage Cody FINALLY joined me at a spook alley with a trip to Dr. Slaughters.

November- Chloe started taking dance, Gavin got glasses for the first time and Cody went pheasant hunting for the first time and got a trophy pheasant on his first hunt.

December - Mom conspired with the employees of Broulim's and reclaimed her crown at the Turkey Bowl during midnight madness, there was plenty of snow so we did lots of sledding, had a whirlwind of a holiday season and ended the year with me saying goodbye to my bunion ; )

Songs that require us cranking up the radio when they come on this year:

Shut up and Dance - Walk the Moon
Say Jeronimo - Sheppard
Sugar - Maroon 5 (and pretty much every other Maroon 5 song)
Fight Song - Rachel Platten
Hello- Adele
Photograph - Ed Sheernan

We are also big fans of Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, Luke Bryan, Eric Church

What we did- Disneyland!!
Where we went-San Antonio, Portland, California, camping
What we ate- Snocones
What we got- new to us truck and camper
What we gave-adopted a family for Christmas, best feeling ever. We are totally doing it again next year.
What we don't want to forget- How thankful we are for the things we have, the things we are able to do and for our families. Family means everything!

No comments: