Friday, June 26, 2015

Memorial Day Camping 5/22-5/25

Memorial Day Camping
Take 1:
We loaded up Friday afternoon and hit the road. We were between Roberts and Spencer when all of the sudden the truck just shut off while we were driving down I-15. Cody was beside himself. A week ago to the day my van had broken down in Wyoming and 2 years ago this same weekend his truck ended up doing the same thing and we had to replace the engine. We made some calls and got a tow truck on the way, but it wouldn't haul our camper too so rather than paying for a second tow truck my brother Paul came to the rescue in his Expedition. On the way to pick us up he passed my sister who was also stranded on the side of the road. This is her adventure.
Stuck on the side of the road in the middle of no where. The kids were getting antsy and it was going to be awhile so we decided to go exploring to kill some time.
Waiting for an animal to come out which of course didn't happen
Playing with ants


Drawing pictures in the dirt
I told the kids to stay away from the sage brush so they didn't get ticks on them and Gavin said "TICKS ARE BAD, THEY ARE ARACHNIDS AND EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE TINY THEY CAN DO A LOT OF DAMAGE."  ha ha That kid kills me. He is so smart and says the funniest, smartest and sometimes most random things.
Mason stepped on a cactus in his crocs. We couldn't get the cactus needle out so Cody packed Mason back to the camper so we could find something to pull it out.
The tow truck arrived!
A state trooper pulled over with us and kept his lights on until the wrecker showed up to make sure that everyone else traveling would see us and not hit us. When we were leaving he gave all the kids stickers.
This is the second time that Cody's truck (a GMC) has been rescued by a Ford, my brother Paul (who also drives a Ford) couldn't stop laughing about it!
I was texting a friend when everything went down and she knew we were headed back home. She cheered us up by decorating our house for us : )

Memorial Day Camping 
Take 2:

Saturday morning I sent Cody out to buy a new (to us) truck. We didn't know what was wrong with the other one yet, but we had been planning on getting him a different/new truck anyway, this just expedited the process. I gave Cody a budget and a few hours later we were on the road again headed camping. 
Mason was so excited to finally be going camping.
There was a downpour right before we got there and with all the rain we have been getting for the past month it was really wet and muddy. The tires were so caked with mud that they had no traction and we couldn't get the camper backed up so it was Chet and his razor to the rescue. At least it wasn't another Ford! ( I/we have nothing against Fords, it's just kind of an ongoing joke between my brothers, dad and Cody)

The truck was just hours old and already covered in mud
My brother took this picture, but Cody really likes it because it had him, the camper, our truck and his dirt bike all in it.
Chloe wasted not time getting on the four wheeler.
Mason and Taylor, my nephew
Chloe and I went "hunting for flowers"
She picked me a bunch of wild flowers
I bought glow in the dark globes/balls for the kids and one of them got stuck in a tree so Chet being the monkey he is climbed up and got it out for them
It's pretty much tradition now to have hot cocoa with grandma and grandpa every morning.
Chloe and I saw this bird when we were on a four wheeler ride. On our ride and she was really concerned about the Bears. She kept saying "we are in bear country huh mom" "the trees are bear country" "are we going to see a bear " "will the bear eat us" finally she said "I wanna go back to camp because I don't want the bears to eat us" Silly girl.
 Just some of the views we were able to see


Faith, Mason and Braxton
Gavin
He wrecked a lot today, but in his defense he has been riding and keeping up with all the big kids who have been riding for years. Thanks goodness for his riding gear we got him for his birthday.
My main squeeze. 
I made breakfast this morning and it was pretty much a train wreck because I'm not use to cooking on a cache cooker, but luckily Cody was a good sport about it and at my misshapen over hard eggs, black pancakes and super crispy bacon anyway.
Taylor playing with Chloe
I had to laugh at this picture, it looks like Taylor's head fell off!
Faith, Chloe, Keylee, Madisen and Kenny
The dirt bike gang
Taylor, Faith, Braxton, Gavin, Cody (not sure why he is on the 4 wheeler and not his bike), Chet and Kenny
Braxton, Taylor and Gavin
Gavin had wrecked earlier. Karen and Chet found him laying in the mud right where he wrecked. He was fine, just super dirty. 
 Kenny, Gavin and Faith?
(Kenny took this picture while riding, safety first)
It's pretty country near Camas Creek
Paul and Erin came up for the day and I took the kids for a ride.
Tayvri, Bailee, Brigham and me
Chloe kept calling Capri Sun's "Sa-springs"

Taylor with a baby doll
Chloe and I were relaxing in the hammock. Technically I was the one relaxing and she was the one playing with "fairy dust" (glitter) and talking my ear off.
Blowing the fairy dust
I have no idea how he fell asleep like this because it does not look comfortable at all!
Tayvri, Paul, Erin with Laken, Karen with Chase, Chet and Cody
My kids are always so clean when we camp ; )
Chloe made me a salad with leaves, sticks. and berries topped with a real worm!
Taylor, Mason, Chloe, Faith, Madi and Cody
The boys hauled the wood to camp, the men cut it up and Chloe, Gavin and I stacked it. Chloe was a super good helper.
Chet let Madi drive, she was so excited
Cody carved my name in a log
Redneck Love I tell ya!
Mason and Faith, Taylor, Braxton, Chloe (pretend I'm on there with her and not taking the picture) and Cody.
We know how to build a fire!
Hot cocoa again with grandma and grandpa
Faith, Grandma, Mason, Grandpa, Megan
Madisen, Gavin and Chloe
 My Traditional (torture everyone and make them groan while I get a picture) Picture
Back Row: Kenny, Mandy, Taylor, Chet, Dad
Middle Row: Faith, Braxton, Kaitlyn, Keylee, Gavin, Karen, Chase, Mom, me, Cody
Front Row: Mason,Roxie the dog, Megan, Madisen, Chloe
On the way out. It was so gorgeous I had to stop and take a picture, but my phone camera just doesn't really do it justice

Cody and his new truck after he got it all washed. He is getting running boards and a bug guard as well, they are just not here yet. 

May 22-May 25, 2015

No comments: