Friday, April 10, 2015

Huntington Beach - FGTD Day 6

Huntington Beach Pier
Gavin, Mason and Chloe on Huntington Beach Pier
Walking the pier, rockin the shades and eating some Dippin' Dots
The seagulls were pretty brave
This is how close it let me get before it flew away. I took this with my phone without using the zoom.
The beach had the life guard stands and the hot life guards driving trucks just like in the movies...oh and there is Chloe. 

When we first set up at the beach the life guard came down and told us that we had to move away from the pier because of the bad rip tides in that area. I apologized and told him we were from Idaho and weren't familiar with the ocean and he pretty much said "I know".  I bet they get tired of naive tourists like us!
We moved, got our blanket spread out, pulled out the sand toys etc and then the seagulls started showing up. I covered our picnic food with our towels to protect it from the seagulls, but I had to keep shoeing them away, they were relentless. I was down at the water playing with the kids and looked up to see a flock of about 20 seagulls going crazy with out bag of Cheetos. By the time I got to the blanket they had the towels pulled off and two of the seagulls had the bag in their beaks fighting over it. It was partially ripped open and the rest of the flock was eating what had fallen. It was crazy!! I had to really bury our food after that.
Playing in the sand
She was playing a little to close to the water and it got her feet wet, lol

Gavin wanted to be buried and we obliged


The Pier
Life guard towers as far as they eye can see
She got a little braver as they day went on
I kept walking out deeper and deeper into the water to see how brave Chloe would get.
You can't really tell, but Gavin was covered head to toe in sand
Oh this kid! He is so happy when he is happy, but if he's unhappy watch out!
Braving the waves
Beach Picnic
We had Subway sandwiches, strawberries, and what was left of our Cheetos.

 

"Look mom, I'm a walrus"
My Bestie and I
I ended up with sand in places I didn't know had sand, but it was worth it
We put a Cheeto on Chloe's bottom without her knowing. We wanted to see what the crazy Cheeto hungry seagulls were going to do.

One was coming in for the kill as she sat up and it fell off. Then a few more of them felt a little braver and a few minutes later there were about 7 of them hanging around until one of the brave one's finally swooped in and got it

Jumping off  a cliff


   
Gavin found a whole sand dollar. He was so excited and kept talking about how "rare" it is to find a whole one
Mason's turn to get buried
This is one way to get a picture taken with your hubby!
The Little's and I built a sandcastle
We used a few of the shells we found to decorate our castle. We found a bunch of shells and Gavin even found a crab exoskeleton.
They don't look very happy in this picture, but they were having fun showering outside

On the other hand Chloe was a hot mess!! I cleaned her off and then wrapped her up in a big towel and snuggled her warm
We had dinner at Joe's Crab Shack again, the boys wanted to go there again. Gavin fell asleep at dinner for the third time this week.

After we got back to the hotel we all went down and soaked in the hot tub for the first time since we got there. It was a larger one. I saw Mason fall off the steps and into the deep part. I was too far away to catch him. I yelled for Cody to grab him and he did within seconds but it seemed like forever. It was so scary.
Chloe disappeared this morning. I found her in the bathroom playing in the sink.
Mason eating Fruit Loops for breakfast AGAIN!

Before breakfast we let the kids eat their cookies we got at Coco's the night before. Cody and I ate our pieces of pie we bought. I had a piece of berry pie and it was oh so good. The berries were whole and the crust was absolutely perfect, it was delicious! Then we got ready and headed to have a real breakfast. 
We stopped at Subway for sandwiches and then Target for some other snacks and of course Big Hero 6 for the ride home.

FEBRUARY 26, 2015

No comments: