Saturday, April 11, 2015

Easter 2015

Saturday night we went to my mom's house to fill the plastic Easter eggs with candy and to color Easter eggs. We tried the rubber band trick and it worked pretty good. The few eggs we tried it on turned out cute. Gavin even made a basketball egg with the rubber bands.
Our Easter eggs
Our Egg of Shame* even turned out really pretty this year. 

*Egg of Shame: We always leave one egg uncolored and when everyone is done we dump all the colors into the same container and drop the last egg inside. It usually ends up being a really putrid greenish brown color, but not this year
Chloe was cuddling her eggs and talking to them before she would color them

She was also rubbing them on her face because "they are so soft". My kids are such weirdos sometimes. I'm pretty sure their daddy is rubbing off on them.

That night the Easter Bunny came
They all got new swimming suits
Mommy and daddy got a kid movie and candy
Mason was the last one to wake up
Chloe was excited (can you see the excitement on her face?) the Easter Bunny brought her zebra stripe gum

 
Easter morning

I told Mason not to hold his chocolate bunny in his hand too long or it would melt, so he kept in in the tray and only lifted it to take a bite, it was funny to watch
The boys got noise putty and they love it. Chloe was disappointed she got lip gloss instead.
Our friend/neighbor brought us treats over. Aren't they cute?
The kids "frowning" because daddy isn't home
 
Their new suits
I made deviled eggs and two pans of funeral potatoes all by myself for the first time ever. I didn't really have a choice though because my chef/hubby was gone. Everything tasted pretty good, even though the boiled eggs looked a little on the scary side.

EASTER EGG HUNT
The cousin's




The aftermath, sugar coma's and water fights in the house
I snuggled the baby while all the craziness was going down
Chase the jellybean monster
Chloe was pretty excited she could lift Chase up
Taylor my nephew never lets me hug him or take his picture. I kind of got a hug and a picture of part of his face, Happy Easter to me.
Uncle Chet blowing bubbles for the girls
Aunt Karen helping Chloe hold Laken
Laken pretty much stole the show on Easter, but how could she not?!? She's a cute little stinker!

No comments: