Monday, December 29, 2014

If found please call...

 Notice anything missing?

On Sunday during the last hour of church I looked down at my hand and realized my diamond was missing out of my ring. My heart dropped to the floor and I about had a panic attack at the same time. I was devastated. I absolutely LOVE my diamond, seriously. I love it's cut and it is so sparkly and shiny...I just love everything about it. 

I showed Cody and he reassured me that he would replace it, but I didn't want a replacement, I wanted MY diamond. I knew I had it during sacrament meeting, but that was the last place I remember seeing it. I looked around where I was sitting (in the chapel since it was 5th Sunday), on the bench, on my clothes, in my scripture case and didn't see any trace of it. I then decided to retrace my steps. I slowly walked back to the Relief Society room bending over and looking at anything on the floor that  didn't look like carpet. When I got to the RS room I was on my hands and knees crawling around looking and praying and looking some more. 

From there I headed to the nursery and told everyone I saw along the way. Still not having any luck I wandered into the overflow where we sat for sacrament meeting and again was on my hands and knees in my dress looking and praying....still nothing. However I had the thought to look in my scripture case but blew it off because I didn't remember being in it. 

 I headed back to retrace my steps again this time shutting off the hall lights (attracting even more attention) so I could shine the flashlight from my cell phone on the floor in hope my diamond would reflect the light. 

The Bishopric from one of the other wards asked me if I everything was OK because I was crawling around on the floor with my flashlight. I told them what was going on and they had me put my name and information on a piece of paper. I finally decided to go back to the chapel so that when church was over I could have Bro. Palmer make an announcement to please look for my diamond. 
I went back in and sat by Cody again getting the feeling to look in my scripture case, so I did. Nothing, but when I looked in the side pocket quess what I found?!?! 
MY DIAMOND!!!
 It was tucked saftely in the front pocket of my scripture case, the one I had looked in earlier and didn't see it.

I was so excited!! I immediatley jumped up to go call the search off. I stopped at the other wards Bishops office and told them, then off to the Primary to tell Sister Cooper and Sister West who had been helping me. Sister Cooper gave me a big hug. Then I went to the library and told them I had found it. I also asked for tape and paper and taped my diamond to a big piece of paper so it wouldn't fall off and so I wouldn't loose it again. Saying a thank you prayer in my head with every piece of tape I added to it. (I never did ask Cody what the jeweler said when he took it in to have it remounted).

Then I headed  to the other foyer to tell Marie, Kat and Debi that I had found it. It was then that I was told that my button on my dress was undone and they could totally see my bra!! (insert red face here). I guess if I would have listened to my first prompting then all of them, the librarians AND the other wards Bishopric wouldn't have had to see what they just saw!!

11/30/14

2 comments:

The Cawley's said...

Im so jealous and happy you found your diamond! Mine is lost somewhere in mom's garden and I had to pay $200 to replace it, ick! And you should stop flashing people in church! Heehee!

Jessie said...

Whew!!! I'm so glad you found it. Scary moment for sure.