Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Christmas Festivities

I was invited to the MMSC Christmas party at Fat Cats even though I don't work there anymore, but their thinking was I worked there for 9 months so I earned it. It was so good to see them again.
The popular white elephant gift of the night was maxi pad slippers. Four of us got them. Dr. Hansen also invented a sports bra out of men's briefs upside down with the crotch cut out only they were better than a sports bra because they had pockets for your hand or cell phone. We were all laughing so hard. 
I went to Petco and bought a real live white mouse for one of our gifts. Britney ended up with it and her fiance was pretty excited. He took it from her and she was no longer snuggling with him, ha ha. She was a good sport about it. He was pretty excited because it was their first pet as a couple
Cody, Teri, Fritz, Laura, Monica and Dr. Hansen
Our his and her slippers. We were really nice and re-gifted them at another white elephant party we were invited too ;)
Cody had the highest men's score in bowling between all of us so he got to take home the coveted signed bowling pin that we have been passing around for years.
Jolene Hansen, Dwayne Hansen and Joann Eddins
12/5/2014
The Fry Family Christmas Tree
Our collection of Christmas books is growing : )
We will have 3 more to add to the pile this year
As soon as December hit I started dressing the kids all Christmasy. Don't they look adorable? P.S. Cody did Chloe's hair while I was in the shower

Christmas at the Museum
They had baby goats for the kids to hold
The boys with the goats
They had face painting, hot cocoa, candy, Santa Claus (the line was HUGE and the kids already talked to Santa so we skipped this part) and horse drawn carriage rides.
 
 Mason picked a stocking
Gavin a tree

and Chloe a candy cane with a bow

I want to name this photo:
" Everyone was drunk except for mom and Gavin"
Not really, but the other three look that way, lol.

The line for the horse-drawn carriage was pretty long and it was getting late so they were putting people everywhere. We were pretty lucky and ended up getting to sit on the drivers seat and while the drivers stood on the side. It was really fun being able to talk to the drivers and see everything first hand. It turns out they are from Coltman and know all of my aunts and uncles that live out there, small world.

Santa and his Reindeer
Cody took the kids to see Santa and his reindeer while I was working late one night. I was so excited to see the pictures, but so sad I wasn't there, but I did giggle because Cody took pictures of the reindeer butts.
Work is so busy this time of year because everyone wants surgery before the end of the year and I feel like I miss so much.
Santa even has an elf helper!
Gavin said this wasn't the real Santa because he cheeks were too rosy. 
12/10/14



We were invited to the Crofts for a Christmas Party/White Elephant gift exchange. I saw a "Shave with me Barbie" a few years ago on the internet (probably Facebook or Pinterest) and decided to make one.
Before
During. I wish her pit and chest hair showed up better in this picture, it was pretty gross!
After
I thought she turned out pretty good for doing it from memory

Ward Christmas Party

 Chloe
Mason
Gavin
Gavin also got 1st place in the coloring contest!
So proud of you buddy!

Gavin's Class Christmas Party
They all got to wear their pajamas to school He picked his transformer pj's
Playing Pin the nose on Rudolph
Mr. Kiefner their substitute. His regular teacher Mrs. Russell is out on maternity leave.


Earlier this month Gavin said his favorite Christmas song was "Little Drummer Boy" and now it's "Last Christmas I gave you my heart" (don't know the officail name) and he walks around singing it all the time. I never actually knew the words until Gavin sang them.

Grandma's house
Grandma had a bunch of fun foam projects out for the kids and they made one. Gavin made a Gingerbread Cyclops!

After Gavin's last game we stopped and bought a gingerbread village and headed to Grandma's. Totally cheating I know, but it was either this way or no way at all!
Bailee, me, Gavin, Mason, Chloe and Brigham
My kiddo's and I
My kids
Brigham, me and Bailee
My brother Paul was taking pictures with his phone so there is actually proof that I do exist!

I'm pretty sure more of Mason's candy ended up in his mouth instead of on his house


All Done!!
Mason wasted no time eating his! He did ask me, "are we done with pictures now?" before he started chomping
Gavin left the his house alone and wasted no time eating straight sugar!

Santa at the Jensen's
My bro-in-law's uncle dresses up as Santa and visits their house every year. He is a fun, jolly Santa and has the best sense of humor. The adults were having just as much fun as the kids just listening to him.
Mason is suddenly asking for a "green bike" even though Santa already has his gift packed in his sleigh already. I told him it would be better if he got it for his birthday because then there wouldn't be snow on the ground so he could ride it more. He pointed out there wasn't any snow on the ground....please snow!!
He got a "big candy cane" from Santa
Chloe asked for a "Hello Kitty Hide and Seek box"
A what?!?! Where did that come from and what is it? Santa's sleigh is already packed!
Chloe explaining what it is. Apparently it's something that my niece won at Leo's (a pizza kid land place) this past week at my nephews birthday. It's a little thing you put money in and when you close it the money disappears.

Gavin had no interest in seeing Santa and didn't even move from Luke's room the entire time Santa was there. He told me that he already talked to Santa and he knows what he wants.

Daddy and the kids make sugar cookies!

Our stockings
We had Chloe convinced for awhile that her stocking (the last C on the right) was really Coco the dogs and she didn't have one. We finally fessed up and told her the truth : )

On the 23rd we had the Allen and Lorna Butikofer Christmas Party at the Farm. It's so weird not having them their but I love that we all still get together and spend time together. Grandma and Grandpa would be so proud : )

ALL of the Fry's were here for Christmas and it was AWESOME!! Ashton's and Connelly came from Portland and the Kim's came from St. George and we were all together again. It was one big, chaotic, happy mess!!! Uncle Justin works at the Holiday Inn so we all got to go swimming together the day after Christmas. The kids had a blast and Uncle Cody even bought a candy bar out of the vending machine to throw in the pool to convince the kids someone pooped in the pool. It was hilarious!
Aidyn my 13 year old nephew finally figured it out and took it out and then my other nephew Evan took a big bite out of it!! Yuck!!!
Mason
Chloe
Gavin

After swimming the adults all went to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner, we even got my father-in-law to come which rarely happens!

 The kids Christmas outfits from Grandma and Grandpa Fry
 ...and some of the bloopers!

Gavin had to be begged and bribed to wear this to church. He hated it and said he was never wearing it again. Purple is not his favorite. 

And last but not least our Christmas Card this year:



1 comment:

The Cawley's said...

when did this gingerbread house making stuff go on at mom's? Where was I? and where were the reindeer? How do you hear about these things? I never know until its too late. #theresalwaysnextyear