Monday, October 14, 2013

Thirty Six

Happy Birthday Cody!
He turned 36 and both of us are still in denial and having a hard time grasping the concept that we are getting that old. Our parents are suppose to be 36, not us. He is officially closer to 40 than 30 now which REALLY makes him feel old. 
To make matters worse on his birthday we were driving to dinner (we celebrated with pizza at Lucy's) and we heard a song on the radio that we both loved in high school. We were channel surfing and stopped when we heard the song. When it was over the DJ came on and said "Classic 102.5...." What?!?!?! Classic?? When did songs from high school become classics? That made both of us feel REALLY REALLY old and I quickly glanced in the mirror on the visor to see how many more wrinkles appeared on my face. Good thing our kids are keeping us young!
The kids and I bought Cody a pair of waders so he can go duck hunting with his buddies at work. He was sooooo excited.
We were all laughing so hard watching him get them on. They are made of neoprene to help keep him warm so they are like a huge pair of stretchy pants. My mother-in-law (in the background) was laughing so hard she was almost crying.
Mason wanted to try them on too
Thursday night we had a party for Cody with my family at my mom's house. My sister was pretty clever and put his gift in a bright pink bag. When he opened it the first thing he pulled out was and empty goldfish container. Karen told Cody it was in case he had some goldfish in his hand and he needed somewhere to put them. Then he pulled out the cookie container and he shook it and heard some rattling. Inside were 3 little cookies...and a $20 bill. Those two are always getting each other. Who am I kidding, we are always doing stuff like this to each other. I opened the hatch on my van the other day and there was a huge taxidermied mahi mahi fish that we have been passing around for years in it. I love my family.

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Happy Birthday!!!

The Cawley's said...

Super sweet stretchy pants- you should have gotten him a pair of hot pink ones too!

Angela said...

You guys are so much fun. :)