Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Awesomest Day!

I had an awesome day and want to remember every detail so here it goes:

First of all I got to wake up next to my hubby which is always wonderful and doesn't happen nearly enough. He let me go back to sleep a little bit longer while he got Gavin up and ready for school and then we all ate breakfast together.

While Gavin was at school we went shopping for our new front door which may sound boring, but it feels so good to do "normal" things with my hubby, so it rocked!

Then I watched/sort of helped him install the new door while I occassionally interupted him with hugs and kisses. Then I worked side by side with him trimming all the trees and loading branches in the back of the truck. There is nothing like some good hard work to make you feel good and I love the results when you are done.

That night we headed to the Wild Adventure Corn Maze by Blackfoot. We took the exit and there was a man there adjusting the sign. We turned right (the way the arrow was pointing) and drove and drove and drove. We were almost to Firth when we decided to turn around. We got back to the sign and the man had taped another arrow over the previous arrow but now it was pointing left!! We drove followed the new arrow and found the corn maze only 1/2 mile from the exit! Nothing like going 20 miles out of the way. All we could do at that point was laugh about it.

 Finally at the Corn Maze!
 The kids in the inflatable toys

 My wonderful family
 Mommy and her kiddos
 Filling in the animal track on the kids sheet
They got a piece of candy for filling it up
 They had fun "slides" there that we all (minus Chloe) went down. Gavin and I were racing each other.
 Mason wasn't sure what to think about all the bumps
 Cody even had fun doing it
 Getting ready to go on a train ride to the pumpkin patch
Decisions, decisions
 Gavin picked out a "blue" one
(It's white with a blue tone to it)
 Chloe with her "bumpkin" she picked out
She insisted on carrying it to the van
 Eating cookies to hold them over until dinner
(something Grandma B. is infamous for!)

We got in the van and were getting ready to leave when Gavin realized he forgot his gloves. I took him back to get his gloves and was reminding him that he needed to keep track of his things better when I looked over and saw MY umbrella stroller over by the train stop. Then Gavin was repeating to me what I had just told him!

Once in the van we cranked the heater and talk about our favorite parts of the night. We were there a lot longer than we were expecting to be but it was a lot more fun than we expected too.

We put on some Eric Church (something about the outdoors and fields makes me crave Eric Church music) and we headed to Rupe's for a very yummy, very late dinner.

On the drive home the kids fell asleep so we were able to have a long adult conversation with no interruptions and to finalize our plans of paying off our remaining debt. It feels so good to have an end in sight and then the possibilities are endless!

We got the kids to bed and I had help so it was fast!! (Have I mentioned how much I LOVE having my husband home?) I could hear Chloe giggling hysterically as Cody put her to bed and it made me smile.

Then we snuggled on the couch and watched a movie together : )

Wasn't that the most awesomest (a real word) day?"

1 comment:

Hayden Funny Farm said...

Awesome. Love the post...did you really just cuddle and watch a movie!!!