Monday, July 9, 2012

Rigby Fireworks

Waiting for the fireworks to start
 
 Erin, Paul, Brigham, Bailee and Chloe
 Dad, Mom, Mason, Gavin and Chloe
 Gavin playing in the ants
 This picture explains my kids to a T!!
Mason is ALWAYS on the go and never stops, hence the blurriness of his head because he is moving!
Chloe is constantly taking her shoes off where ever we go
 Gavin is always playing with bugs, worms and other creepy crawly things and in this picture he is watching the ants crawl all over his hand
While we were waiting Chloe decided to scare us to death! See that big bump/bruise on her head? She was running and fell and bumped her head on the cement. My mom grabbed her and brought her to me. I grabbed ice out of the cooler and put in on her forehead. Chloe was doing that thing that kids do, they get hurt and they wait FOR.EV.ER  to take a breath. When she finally did she only took one breath, gave me a blank look and then her eyes rolled into the back of her head and she went limp in my arms. I cannot even tell you the thousands of thoughts that went through my mind in just a matter of seconds 

Please Heavenly Father help me...how's the ambulance going to get here with all these people...I have no meds, oxygen, etc...am I going to have to do mouth to mouth or CPR...how am I going to tell Cody if anything happens to her...the adoption doesn't finalize for 18 days...etc. etc.

Being a nurse and I'm trained for these situations, but when it is your own child, you freeze momentarily and don't know what to do. Luckily after what seemed like forever she started crying and my brother's buddy who's an IF firefighter was also there. Between the two of us we looked her over really good and assessed for further complications and thank goodness she was fine,but I still kept a good eye on her. This picture was taken about 10-15 min after it happened and other than the nasty bump, she's fine. : )

2 comments:

Jessie said...

There is never a dull moment at your house, Teri! Looks like you're having a fun summer. :)

oldangelgirl said...

Holy cow!! That's freaking scary! I'm glad Chloe's ok, the little stinker...