Monday, July 23, 2012

Butikofer Family Reunion

July 18-July 22, 2012
Buttermilk Campground, Island Park, ID
Total in attendance: 82

ATV Time
The kids (I include Cody in that) were riding as soon as we got there
Taylor and Mason
These three boys were doing this together almost non-stop
Mason's new favorite buddy, Taylor
Mason didn't even stop to eat. That's a blueberry muffin in his hand!
Girls Turn: Chloe, me, Faith and Madisen
 Anytime Mason disappeared all we had to do was walk over to the ATV's and there he was!

Camping!!
Grandma with the newly legal Fry's!! Chloe and Mason
This is entertaining to watch every year, the men setting up the canopies!
Chloe's new hairstyle
No Comment!
Gotta love corn on the cob
My mom: courtesy of Madisen Photography
Brigham and Bailee
The Babies: Bailee, Brigham and Megan
Masonater
Real women shave their legs on ATV ramps in the woods!
Brigham and his newly discovered love: eating olives off his finger
My little dirt princess. She still wouldn't keep her shoes on even with the rocks! It made my feet hurt just watching her!
Megan and Chloe are almost a year apart but about the same size!
Daddy and Doey
Gav's
Mommy and Chloe "napping"
My cousin Angie & I
Dirty, dirty girl!!
The Three Amigo's hanging out in grandma's camper
Chloe, Mason and Madisen
We woke up to jabbering and pigtails poking up over the side of the bed!!
 Good Morning!!

Bath-time in Grandma's Basin- 
A right of passage for the grand-kids
Brigham
Bailee
Madisen

Boats and H20
Cody, Chloe, Mason and Gavin out on Grandpa's boat
Madisen and Aunt Teri
Madisen's first tube ride
Denice doing a cannonball
Mason wanted to ride EVERYTHING!! and because he has those big brown puppy eyes, he did get to ride EVERYTHING!!
Chloe pouting
Gavin & I on the tube
Oh, to be a kid again!!
Gavin's new pet catapillar
Denice getting attacked by a shark her pocket
Angie going tubing
Ahoy!
Addison and Abby
Erin
Now you see her...
...now you don't!
That was one wild ride!
 Paul & Erin
(Gavin just saw this and said "Ewww")
Kenny pulled all of us on the tube. The first time I wrecked my shorts ended up around my left ankle, my swimsuit bottoms were almost to my knees and the tube ended up out of the canvas, but I still went for a second ride and kept thinking how I should've been a nicer big sister growing up!
Cody's turn
He did 3 barrel rolls before landing in the water when he wrecked
Mommy & G-Man
Hang on Paul!
Look really close, Paul is still hanging on with his right hand!

My dad took my cousin Garet for a ride. The tube flipped over bounced on the water 3-4 times and then rolled back over (a complete 360) and Garet was still hanging on!! I wish we would've caught that one on tape!!


Horse Shoe Tournament - Annual Tradition
Garet (in my sunglasses), Mom, Susan (chair) Keith & Jeff
My Horse Shoe Partner Garet
We lost to my mom & dad : (
Addison, Travis, Tanner & Jeff
Denice, Travis,Jeff, Susan and Grant (in chair)
 Chet & Dad
Crawdadding (it's a word trust me, we made it up)
Miranda, Jeremy, Robyn, Cody, Garet & Gavin
Riley & Robyn
This was Riley's first time
Cody, Robyn, Riley, Gavin, Jeremy, Jared & Garet
Riley, Jeremy, Cody, Gavin, Robyn, Mianda, Jeremy and Garet
Eli & Miranda
It was Eli's first time too
 Gavin with one of his catches

Camel Races (Pinewood Derby)
I didn't get a car bought and made this year either, but mom had and extra car (saved the day again) so Cody and Gavin made a camel car really quick 5 min before the races. Gavin was excited to be able to race, but sad because he didn't win any of them. I need to get my butt in gear and start getting things ready for next year so we are actually ready!
The cars for the camel races
Chet did an awesome job making his car look like a real camel
First and Second Place winners
(Uncle Brad-Old Fart & Uncle Jeff-Rocket car)
Kenny & Taylor watching the races
Camel Race winners
Uncle Jeff, Uncle Brad & Faith
Family Feud, Games & Auction
u
Playing Family Feud
We play a lot of games to lantern lights
The Annual Auction
This is one of the quilts my mom made
My grandma (who passed away last year) made these plaques from her 4 leaf clover plant that she had. Grandpa put them in the auction this year so we could have a part of grandma.

Wildlife
We had moose wonder into our campground
This is as close as we got to be safe. There is a moose on the left and on the right.
Gavin with his two catapillars
Mason & I went for a ride and he saw this deer before I did.
Faith & Kenny's catch
We cooked them up and ate them that night, yummy!

We also had paint-balling, kid Olympics, late late nights talking and laughing by the fire as well as lots of yummy food. Lots of memories get made in a very short amount of time during this week!
I take a family shot on the last day of camp every year and they all moan and groan every year when I make them do this, but one of these days they are going to be glad that I made them do this!

No comments: