Monday, July 23, 2012

Notes to Self

Note #1- Do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT take your toddlers to the shoe store with you while trying to find shoes for your 5 year old. The first thing they did was head for the accessories racks and started pulling of purses, umbrella's, sunglasses etc.  I was defenseless because I had no cart to contain them. "No" to them meant "mommy said take everything off". I was so flustered! Finally I turned Gavin over to the sales associate while I tried to clean up Hurricane Katrina.
We found shoes for Gavin (water shoes for our white water rafting trip) and I took them to the register with shoes and Mason in hand. I asked Gavin to go find his sister (Chloe) and he just stared at me. I asked him again, "Gavin, will you please go find your sister?" and again more staring, but this time he put his arms out like "duh".  Then he pointed to my left hip...where Chloe was. Did I mention how flustered I was?
Then the sales associate (who witnessed the entire thing) said to me "I thought you only came in with three kids, but I thought maybe you had a quiet one somewhere I didn't see."   Ha ha!! In my house there is no such thing as quiet kids!!

Note #2 - Do Not leave groceries on the floor to answer the phone unless you want them eaten!

Note #3- Do Not leave the coals in the fire pit for your kids to paint themselves with

Note #4- Do Not forget that Gavin loves to vacuum and will spend over an hour vacuuming everything in the living room. He even takes the cushions off the couch and gets under them.

Note #5- Always have tissues on hand for sweet moments like this when you find big brother reading his little sister a book

No comments: