Monday, September 19, 2016

Butikofer Family Reunion - The 1940's


One of the first things we did when we got to the reunion was build a dam so the kids had a pool to play in. My dad was teasing us for just being "big kids". 
(Myself, Cody and Kenny)
 
I taught Gavin how to set up a tent as one of his scout requirements. He was so excited to show his daddy what he learned.
 
The kids were in heaven in their play tent
 
My little mud pie queen
 
Mason and Chloe's first time sleeping in a tent!!

Where's Gavin?
 
There he is!!



Just stopping by for a visit!
 
Camping is hard work

Erin, Teri, Mavie Wavy, Brigham
 
I took the kids huckleberry picking to our super secret spot.
 
Chloe and Madi

Look at all those delicious huckleberries!

This was Madi's first time picking huckleberries. We talked about how excited she was that she could use her own berries to make jam. I'm totally going to teach her and it's going to be so much fun : )
 
My huckleberry helpers
 
We had to stop to let some cows cross the road on our way back home, only in Idaho.

I stole my boys and we went huckleberry picking again. He is such a good picker.

My other helper. I mostly bring him for the conversations :)
 
This is so blurry because I was still shaking. My brother Kenny found this dead on the road and put it right at the front door of my camper to scare the death out of me!! It looked much more realistic but I moved it with a stick. Aaaahhhhhh!!
 
My dad's dog Jake
 
Megan
 
Chloe bought some fingernail polish at the kids store and wanted to paint everyone's nails.
 
Painting Aunt Karen's nails
 
Karen and I nails. I wish I would've taken a close up so you could see all the messy details.
 
My sister Karen on her daughter's dirtbike

The theme for the reunion this year was the 1940's.
Our immediate family was assigned 1943 which was the first year of women's professional baseball league. Erin and I made shirts and hats for our costumes.
 
My little league
 
Paul and Erin's family
 
Gavin, Mason and Chloe
 
Kenny's Family
Braxton, Faith, Kaitlyn, Mandy, Keylee (in front), Kenny and Taylor
 
I wanted a picture of my parents and my dad was being a smart alec.
 
Mom and dad
 
Karen's Family
Karen, Chet, Chase, Megan, Madisen
Kelly and Wil
 
April/Rosie the Riveter
 
Uncle Keith's Family
 
Aunt Patricia
 
Grant and Denice

Keith and Deborah
Ernest Tubs and Patsy Klein

 Kelly and Tanner
 
Uncle Keith's Family
 
Patricia and Kelly dancing to some 40's music

Uncle Keith-Ernest Tubs
 
Addison/Abigail/Rhianna
Dorothy/Rosie the Riveter/40's girl
 
Uncle Jeff
 
Aunt Susan
 
Allen and Lorna's kids
(minus Janice)
Patricia, Jeff, Keith, Connie, Susan, Jolene, Kelly

The Butikofer Family
 
Gavin climbing another tree
 
Chloe and Bailee
 
Gavin got the puppy to sleep
 
Mason fell out of the (parked) razor headfirst and hit his head on cement, ouch!!
 
Gangsta sisters showing off their amazing manicures!! LOL!!
 
Cole, Justin and Mason heading out on a hike
 
Napping
 
Napping again

Robyn, Brad and Susan
 
Karen brought out her game of spoons and the rest is history!
We spent hours playing this game
Faith, Paul and mom
 
Karen, Faith and Mom
 
All the girls making necklaces and bracelets

 Kaitlyn, Mandy and Kenny in another game of spoons

We celebrated Brigham and Bailee's 5th (yes 5th!) birthday while we were up there.
 
"Painting" the bridge
Bailee, Megan, Chloe and Tayvri
 
This girl loves herself some mud

Bailee, Megan and Mason

The kids with grandpa

Wil, Jolene, Kelly and Patricia

Keith, Patricia and Susan
 
 Traditional last day of camping Blakely Family Photo
 

Misc:
*Dad got each of us kids a big tub of licorice : )
*Gavin lost his flip flop in a mud bog. I went and helped him look but gave up when it was almost up to my knees and started smelling like cow poop, but we did find someone else's flip flop so now Gavin has two left shoes!
*Mason was riding all over camp with a water bottle stuck by his back tire so it was making noise. He said it was his motorcycle.
 *Kenny brought an air horn for the kids store just for Mason. Mason loved it!
*Look at all the yummy huckleberries we picked while camping!
 


Butikofer Family Campout
Table Rock Campground
July 20-24, 2016

No comments: