Monday, February 17, 2014

Valentine's Day

I helped with Gavin's class party and it was so much fun for the adults and the kids. There were four different stations set up.
Gavin made a Valentine's Day Card at the first one,
 Decorated sugar cookies with way too many sprinkles at the second one,
 Played "Pin the Lips on Mrs. Valentine" at my station and got the lips exactly where they were suppose to be both times and I made sure he couldn't see
 The last station was Valentine Bingo with his teacher
 Gavin picked out Hot Wheels Valentine's for the boys and then Barbie one's for the girls because he figured the girls would like those better. He's such a thoughtful kid sometimes.
This is what my Valentine got me. The sign next to it says, "I love you BIG time!" I didn't get it at first and Cody had to point it out to me "BIG time, BIG clock". Ha ha I can't believe he had to point that out. I was just overwhelmed by the size of the clock. It's literally 2 inches shy of being 3 feet in diameter. In fact, it didn't fit in our living room where our other clock is so the hung it up in his Man Cave downstairs. All I could think was that he must really love me if he hung "chic decor" up in his man cave.

I was boring and just bought him a cheesy heart shaped box of chocolates and a new hunting and fishing license but there's a funny story to go with it. 
I was at CAL Ranch at he gun counter. It was me, three old men and the 20 something year old clerk. I pulled my wallet out of my purse to pay and out of the corner of my eye I see one of the old men bend over to pick something up. Then I got a tap on the shoulder and I turn to see this old man examining something in his hand. He has it held up to his face and his says, while turning it around and examining it more, "Ma'am, I don't know what this is and it's none of my business, but you dropped this." I thank him and put it back into my purse and look back at the cashier who is smirking and turning a little red, apparently he had realized that it was a pantyliner too. 

So even though he had a boring gift I made him laugh with the story of how I got his gift. 

Happy Valentine's Day

No comments: