Monday, January 6, 2014

Chloe's Family Party

Every year birthday parties are a pain because we have to find a place to have them because our house is not big enough for our families (there are about 50 of us) and every year I tell Cody that next year we won't have to do this because we will have moved to our bigger house that actually has room for more than just the five of us and every year Cody reminds me, "you said that last year". Our plan was to be in the house we are in for 3 years and here we are almost 7 years later, so much for that plan! ; )

Cody is tired of what he refers to as "Pink Eye Palace" (aka Leo's Place) so we were on the hunt yet again, but my sister saved the day and told us about the Rigby Bowling Alley. I lived there (not at the bowling alley, in Rigby) for almost 10 years and had never been but decided to check it out. She said it wasn't ever very busy so we would probably have to place to ourselves. I'm so glad we went there because it ended up being a really fun time. 
 Here she is, Rigby Bowl!!
 We did ice cream sandwiches to make it easier for transport, to eat and also to clean up. Cody made Chloe a big pink princess cake for her actual birthday so we figured we could get away with making it simple and I put some candles in her ice cream sandwich.
 This time she had real candles, not trick candles
 Papa Moose had to hold it closer to her so she could blow it out
 She got a singing Princess card and she hasn't hardly put it down since she got it. I think we all have the song memorized! "Every girl can be a Princess, any dream can be, close your eyes and see a magic wand and soon your gone..."
 She got SPOILED!! Lots of princess stuff, sparkly pink cowboy boots, sparkly clothes, shoes that light up when you walk, GUM!!!, princess dresses in their own dress up box, fluffy girly dresses, Cinderella barbies, Princess coloring books, Aunt Sadie's homemade playdough in her favorite color pink, stickers, and more. Everything a little girl could think of! Thank you everyone!
 I forgot to get pictures of her opening her things so I'm going to have to steal my mom's pictures. Chloe was so funny too. She was in the middle of opening presents and she looked up, gasped, and then all excited she said, "ALL MY GRANDMA'S ARE HERE!!" We all got a good laugh at that one.
 Bowling for the first time!
All week she kept calling it baseball, or basketball, she couldn't remember bowling for the life of her even though I kept reminding her. Bowling is just a big weird word for a 3 year old.
 She would stand there so still and watch it go all the way to the pins
 It was Mason's first time bowling too
 I underestimated the amount of people that wanted to bowl. I thought just the little kids would want to and maybe a couple of adults, but practically everyone wanted too which was so much fun. Luckily we did have the place to ourselves so we could get all the lanes we wanted.
 Everyone here is family, see what I mean about them not fitting in my house? It would be like playing a game of sardines.
 This was Destiny's first time bowling...ever!! We taught her the ropes and she didn't do to bad.
 Madisen
 Brigham and Bailee we so fun to watch





 Cody's ball would fly down the lane. I don't know how he would get it going so fast.
 Gavin started out with the ramp
 but by the end of his game he was going pro!! He scored scored 31 points and they didn't even finish their game. 
 Bailee with her hands on her hips! That girl cracks me up.
 I don't even want to know how many germs are on that half eaten stick of gum Chloe has in her hand! Eeeek! She got a pack of Zebra Stripes gum (from Aunt Sadie, her favorite because she ALWAYS had gum and I'm just chopped liver ; ), not really) and she had the entire pack gone by the time we left.
 Gavin showing Mason how its done
My "magical ball". Not only was it hot pink but it had cute little hearts of love on it and this bad boy scored me two strikes and a spare. Like I said, it's magical.

 Soooo serious!!
Look how adorable these little baby bowling shoes are! 

The kids had a blast bowling and before we even left the parking lot they were asking when we got to go again. So happy everyone had fun.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

We had so much fun at Chloe's Birthday Party! thanks so much for all the smiles♥