Monday, December 10, 2012

Mommy Date

Gavin brought it to my attention that it has been way to long since I took him out on a "date" so I got a sitter and Saturday afternoon we went on our "date". I let him decide what he wanted to do. 

Arby's was our first stop. He heard a commercial a few months ago that they had "good mood food" and said "we should go there, they have good food". So Arby's it was. 
Me: What do you want to eat? (after reading him the kids menu)
Gavin: Chicken rings
M: They don't have chicken rings
G: How about a cheeseburger?
M: They don't have cheeseburgers here.
G- OK I guess I'll just have a hamburger then
M: They don't have hamburgers here either. Do you want to go somewhere else?
G- No. Tell me what they have again.
Silly Boy!
Gavin & I in the Arby's parking lot

We ate, he stole my curly fries that looked like pig tails, we talked about school, his friends and everything else that came up with no interruptions.

Then we were off to phase 2:
The "Jack Frost" movie
(Rise of the Guardians)
Super Cute Movie!!
We are definitely going to buy this one when it comes out.

Gavin is so easy to please. He said he didn't need any popcorn, candy or soda so we just walked right in and he even let me hold his little hand! I just love this guy : ) I forget how fun it is to watch movies with him and listen to his reactions to parts and hear him giggle. 

When we were done I offered to take him to ice cream but he just wanted to go home. He is such a homebody! He even said, "thanks mom, that was fun."

2 comments:

Marie said...

How sweet! I want to watch that movie too...maybe I should get you to take me on a date!

Jessie said...

This is awesome and makes me look forward to my boys growing up just a little. :)

And I love your ornaments!