Thursday, December 20, 2012

Mommy Blog

 I had the missionaries over for dinner the other night & invited Oliver and Liz over too so we would have a priesthood holder in the home. After dinner we sent the boys downstairs to play while we talked upstairs. After about 10 minutes I went downstairs to check on them and this is what I found. Mason had dumped out over 10 games!! That's a game a minute! I asked Gavin why he didn't tell me or tell him to stop and all he had to say was, "I didn't even know he was doing it!" All I have to say is it's a good thing the house wasn't on fire!
 The boys playing in the small amount of snow we got before it melted. They didn't even have enough to build a snowman so they just settled for snow angels instead. Mason copies pretty much EVERYTHING Gavin does, it's so cute, but sometimes so annoying! Especially when Gavin is being naughty or obnoxious because then I have two of them doing it!
 I sent Gavin to his room Sunday morning to get ready for church and was so excited when he came out just a few minutes later and said he was ready...until I saw what he was wearing (see above). AARRRGG! He finally did get dressed in his suit shirt and tie, but on our way out the door (almost late for church) I noticed that he had just put his suit on over what he was wearing and we had no time to change. After church he said he was "too hot" so he was wearing his Hawaiian shirt and his suit pants. What a kid.
 The same Sunday morning, Chloe had some crazy hair going on!
 About 10 minutes later. When did my baby get so big?
 This is what Gavin does when asked to vacuum the couch unsupervised
Never a dull moment at my house


GAVIN:
-Learning to tell time at school
-I taught him how to draw stars and he has been drawing hundreds of them for the past week, I'm going to run out of paper
- Every time we pass a Speed Limit sign he will tell me "Speed Limit __(whatever the speed is)
-He still has to put his right shoe and or sock on before the left
-He will say words but leave a letter missing and make me guess what letter is missing:
for example he will say "reen" and I will have to say "G for green"
-He reads everything! No leaving Christmas lists around anymore
-For a snack the kids were having animal crackers and clementine oranges when Gavin told me that he "only like wet oranges." It took me a minute to figure out he meant mandarin oranges from a can.
-He put holes in 6 pairs of his pants in the last 2 weeks. I think I'm going to buy him some knee pads to wear over them. ; )
-We were at Pizza Hut the other night celebrating my sister-in-law's graduation from BYU-I. Gavin needed a refill on his Sprite and said, "Mom, next time the food keeper comes by tell her I need a refill". I have heard a waitress called a lot of things,but never a food keeper.

MASON:
-I swear this kid has grown 3 inches and gained 10 lbs in the last few weeks. He is so heavy to lift into his car seat and his pants are quickly shrinking.
- He has been practicing going potty on "Elmo", his toilet seat. I was going to wait until Jan. to just potty train them both, but he was asking to do it, so I'm letting him. Maybe it will be sooner than later.
- At night he always has to give me a "miss" (kiss) and a hug, but don't even bother asking during the day because he won't do it unless it's on his terms, stinker!
-He's got a stubborn streak 

CHLOE:
-LOVES her baby dolls and is always carrying them around
-I was putting her coat (mostly brown with some turquoise) on her the other day and she said "my chocolate coat"
-I put her down for a nap and when I got her out of her crib afterwards her hair was still in and BOTH socks were still on!! We celebrated that night, but it hasn't happened again since.
-She is talking up a storm and using sentences

No comments: