Thursday, December 20, 2012

Pinterest Fail!

Found these on Pinterest @
and thought they looked fun and easy, 
wrong AND wrong!! (at least in my case)
I could not find these round pretzels ANYWHERE!!  I looked at Target, Walmart, Kmart, Shopko, Sam's Club, Albertson's, Smith's, Walgreen's, a few gas stations and Fred Meyer, NO ROUND PRETZELS!! I was almost to the point of buying bags of Chex Mix just to get the few round pretzels out of those bags but didn't have the cash to dish out to by the 40 bags I would have needed!

After an exhausting 2 hours of searching I finally just grabbed some regular pretzels at Fred Meyer and decided to experiment. P.S. I had already bought all the Hershey Kisses and M&M's to make them so that is why I was so persistent, plus I hate to just give up!
 I broke the pretzels to try to make them look the same,but the chocolate didn't fill in the entire hole and it looked like I was too cheap to by real pretzels...fail.
 Then I tried just breaking the top off and they ended up looking like evil Halloween eyes..double fail.
 So then I tried making my rendition of Rudolph with 2 blue eyes and a red nose...triple fail.
So then I just skipped the pretzels all together and decided to make Rudolph noses instead.

Let's just say my treats for friends and neighbors this year was a flop!! It's the thought that counts right? At least that's what I'm telling myself.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: