Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas 2012

Santa brought Gavin something that he has been asking for since the beginning of September
A Tarantula!!!
He was so excited!! 
(I know it's crazy!! What were we thinking, right? I'm sure parents have bought their kids way worse things and I just couldn't bear to break his little heart. Don't worry, we laid down some very strict ground rules.)
Santa brought Mason a remote control firetruck that is really loud and obnoxious and he loved it!
Chloe got a new baby doll with a stroller, diaper bag, new clothes, bottles, and dishes.
 All packed and ready to stroll!
 This is the only other picture I got of the kids opening presents. I was either busy recording it or helping get presents out of their packages. Christmas morning was  little overwhelming! Cody and I didn't even get to open our gifts for about an hour because we were helping the kids with theirs and then they wanted us to play with them. It was so much fun. We loved seeing their faces and hearing the excitement in their voices. 
We had a hard time getting Mason & Chloe to open their gifts at first because the only thing they were interested in was their candy out of their stockings. We gave them some and then put them up so they would want to open their gifts.
 Gavin has yet to name him so for now he is "Mr. T."
 Chloe and Mason in their new clothes
 Years ago I heard about someone taking a picture of their house every Christmas Day and I thought it was strange, but I started doing it anyway. It's fun to look back and see what's changed and what hasn't and one day when we look back hopefully it will trigger some memories for the kids of their very first house and the years they spent there.

After we opened our presents we headed to my mom's for brunch and presents.
 Everyone but my mom & Karen
(the photographers)



 Chloe rockin' a bid, Santa hat and half eaten roll!
 The Blakely's
Kenny, Chloe, Cody, Taylor, Karen, Megan, Mom, Dad, Bailee, Paul, Brigham, Erin, Tayvree (in utero), Faith, Gavin, Madisen, Chet, Mason and Teri (Clockwise from the left)
 We ate, opened presents, played with kids & presents, watched "A Christmas Story" and "Elf", played Wackee Six, ate some more, kind of napped (see above), chased kids, and just enjoyed each others company. I'm so glad my family all lives close and that we are close, it's what makes life wonderful.

We left my parents around 5pm, stopped to visit my Grandpa and give him his gift but ended up leaving it because he wasn't there and then went back to the church to see the Fry's.
 They all ended up in their Laker's shirts and as Savannah put it they are "just keeping the dream alive!" I'm pretty outnumbered in this family as a Celtics fan.
 More basketball

 Gavin also got a remote control tarantula
Tarantula's, they're everywhere!
 We bought Chloe some new socks and she had to try on just about every pair of them
 Playing on the skateboard
 My Santa (Cody) gave me some coal for being naughty, but I must have been even more nice because I got three of my favorite things: Bert's Bee's lip balm, pistachios and Laffy Taffy's and I can't wait to read and re-tell the corny jokes!
"Santa" found the kids some suckers that look like the Abominable Snowman and Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer mouths for the kids.

No comments: