Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Zoo is Open!

Gavin has been asking almost everyday when the zoo is going to be open and I finally got to tell him that it was!! We went on Saturday with my sister and her girls.
 Megan, Chloe, Madisen, Gavin and Mason in front of the vulture cage
 We get a Tiger picture every time we go to the zoo
 Feeding the Pelicans

 Gavin loved the peacocks. I think because he likes Kung Fu Panda 2 and it has a peacock in it, Shen the Evil Peacock to be exact
 More peacocks. I was hoping they would fan out their feathers at least, but no such luck
 Gavin and Madisen were holding hands a lot while walking through the zoo, it was so cute!
 The lion stood up and looked right at us while we were there. It was a little bit creepy
Chloe and Mason

Chloe kept taking her shoes off so I finally ended up taking her shoes and socks off and she was barefoot.

I was feeding the kids animal crackers for a snack in the zoo and then realized how weird that was.
 Here kids, look at the animals, OK now eat one!!

I asked Gavin what his favorite animal was this trip and I thought for sure he was going to say the peacock, but he didn't. He told me it was the flamingo's, snake, monkey's and the vulture. Some of our favorites (kookaburra, alligator, parrots) weren't there yet so we will just have to see them next time.

No comments: