Thursday, June 16, 2011

Imagine...

Imagine with me for just a moment. Imagine just won the lottery (along with imagining pretend you also play the lottery), the BIG one and you have lots of "money" headed your way. It's really happening this time and nothing is going to get in your way. You are immediately so excited that you can't even stand it, you can't believe you have FINALLY won! (You have been playing for a VERY LONG TIME and patiently, sometimes impatiently waiting) You double check your ticket with the number on the television to make sure they really do match, and they do.

You start making plans on what you are going to do with the "money" that's headed your way. Lots of great and wonderful times are on their way. There will be vacations, laughing and lots of memory making. You start making plans and room for the wonderful things that are to come.

Finally the day comes to go collect your "money" and you are told "We made a mistake, you really don't have the winning numbers" and just like that it's all over. No "sorry" or anything. You are just left there standing completely empty handed and expected to be ok with it.

That's how I feel right now. Like I just won the Million Dollar Jackpot and then it was taken away, only in my real world it wasn't "money" it was my future family. I guess the third time wasn't a charm after all....

6 comments:

Alicia said...

So sorry you guys :(
I know there isn't much anyone can do or say to make it feel better, we love you guys . . . and it will happen when it's right. (But, I know that sucks to hear all the time too).
Call me if you ever need to talk, or just hang out and forget about how much it sucks sometimes!

Hayden Funny Farm said...

O Teri, it SUCKS, and isn't fair. There's got to be something bigger and better waiting for you and your family. Keep your head up. I think you are awesome!

stevie kay said...

I'm so sorry Teri. That's beyond frustrating and so heartbreaking!

Marie said...

I'm so sorry Teri, that's heartbreaking.

Sally said...

That's awful. Horribly awful. I'm so sorry. I wish I could do something to make it better.

FiveFrys said...

Thanks everyone. Sorry the blog was such a downer. I just needed to vent, but thanks for listening.